• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac Game Never Opens

Paeregrine

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 19, 2010
I realize I'm using a strange set-up, and it's been theorized that my problem stems from there, but here goes: When I open the game, it prepares to launch in Steam, then opens. The box shows up in the center of my main monitor, and then seems to freeze and become unresponsive. I've tried leaving it for over an hour and the game still never seems to actually start.

Specs:
MacPro (not MacbookPro)
OSX 10.5.8
2 Quad-core 3Ghz Intel Xeon processors
2 NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT PCIe cards running 2 monitors each (one runs 2 1440x900 and the other runs a 1920x1200 [main monitor] and a 1680x1050)
Plenty free Memory and RAM

Hi, Paeregrine

Could You probably attach or post the KF log file here, which is located in ~/Library/Application Support/Killing Floor/System/ ?

Right now i've got no clue what could be causing Your problem (besides that KF on 10.5.8 seems to be quite an issue for some users, here), but a log could probably tell more :)
Another approach could be launching KF standalone in Terminal with

Code:
./Documents/Steam Content/common/killingfloor/Killing Floor.app/Contents/MacOS/Killing Floor

and post the Terminal output here.

greetz,
gitano

Last edited:
Upvote 0