• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game needs upwards to 10 minutes to start

thresher3253

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 7, 2011
Italy
On my friend's laptop KF2 needs a lot of time to get to main menu, basically i can complete a short game in the time he needs to be ready.
His laptop has an AMD A10 9600p and 8 gb of ram, R5 M330 integrated apu chip.
Any way to reduce load times? I don't know, disabling caching, .ini configs, etc.

Have him change his storage for a SSD or M2 card. His storage is probably a 5200rpm HDD or some low spec storage..

His computer is garbage in my opinion, this is like a powerful tablet. The video chip is not supported and way under the minimum requirement.

The key element here is the storage, HDD = never ending loading, SSD = normal loading. I see the same pattern with KF 2 that what I saw with RO 2, more and more updates, longer and longer loading time to just start the game.. I have other UE 3 games and I don't understand why ONLY TWI games take forever to load when all others are basically instant loading to menu.

Upvote 0
Well, it's not an ideal setup, but the laptop can play Tekken 7 and Overwatch just fine, so it doesn't make sense that KF2 takes so much to load up. On the first KF it was possible to cut load time by changing something on the .ini config, so i assume there's a similar hack here.
Also on my computer (i5 4440, 16 gb ram, R9 Nano, SSD 850 Evo) still takes a while longer than most games to load.

(Not to mention complete system freezing when alt tabbing, but this is another story)

Upvote 0
Yeah with SSD and powerful computer it takes 30 seconds from start to available menu (when you can actually click in menus).. with a 5-10 seconds black screen with music after the start credit videos which I quickly pass by spamming the escape key. I think the game loads lot of stuffs to cut the loading time of maps.. longer initial loading for shorter later map loadings if I recall correctly.. I never saw the difference for map loading, but yeah it was starting pretty fast in EA but now it is simply the longest loading game of my entire game library (if I exclude GTA 5, but even GTA 5 may be on similar garbage level when it comes to loading times, let say they both have the first place in the top garbage games in the loading time category..)

Last edited:
Upvote 0