• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game needs graphics optimization?

AMD Phenom II x6 1100T overclockedto 3.8ghz
EVGA GTX570 superclocked

on ultra in a 64 person server I get 30-40 fps running ultra
hardly 60 on high :/
mind you im used to it after having horrible FPS for years on my laptop
but
pulling up stat fps and checking made me :(
will try the depth of field trick (although depth of field looks awesome IMO)

Upvote 0
What resolution are you running at and what exact quad core?

Im using two 4870s (1GB verisons) And can run the game fine on ultra, rest of spec is Phenom II 965, 8GB ram.

Yet at 1920x1200 was at a mixture of high and medium, knocking it to 1680x1050 works fine.

Running at 1920x1080. I have the kentsfield Q6600? I believe that is the one. Bought it in '07.

My ram is only DDR2 800 so that may be slowing me down but I feel like my card isn't being used to full capacity. Does the 48070x2 run in crossfire? (its only one card). I'll look into disabling it.

I still feel like my specs should crush this game..

Upvote 0
Running at 1920x1080. I have the kentsfield Q6600? I believe that is the one. Bought it in '07.

My ram is only DDR2 800 so that may be slowing me down but I feel like my card isn't being used to full capacity. Does the 48070x2 run in crossfire? (its only one card). I'll look into disabling it.

I still feel like my specs should crush this game..

You're assumption though is that just because it's based on UE3 that you have run at high fps in some games in the past that you should be getting the same out of this title. RO2 sure is based on the UE3 engine, but it's been customsied and extended to suite TWI's needs and having 64 players in a server also causes additional strain.

That's not to say they don't have some performance issues that can be resolved, just don't compare this title to other UE3 games that ran well and expect the same out of what is now pretty old hardware.

Upvote 0
You're assumption though is that just because it's based on UE3 that you have run at high fps in some games in the past that you should be getting the same out of this title. RO2 sure is based on the UE3 engine, but it's been customsied and extended to suite TWI's needs and having 64 players in a server also causes additional strain.

That's not to say they don't have some performance issues that can be resolved, just don't compare this title to other UE3 games that ran well and expect the same out of what is now pretty old hardware.

Very valid point, my hardware is slowly being outdated. I could use a mobo and some DDR3. I feel like the cpu and graphics card should be able to handle this game just fine. Either way, it still look pretty good on medium settings.

Upvote 0
i7 920 @ 2.8ghz+
12gb
1gb gtx 460 oc

Runs great with Shadows on Medium and everything else at ultra (30-60fps+) but as soon as i turn the shadows up to high or ultra it lags like a mofo (30fps at the most), shadows need optimization for sure, because no other setting drags fps down as much as high or ultra shadows.

Upvote 0
Very valid point, my hardware is slowly being outdated. I could use a mobo and some DDR3. I feel like the cpu and graphics card should be able to handle this game just fine. Either way, it still look pretty good on medium settings.

I wouldn't do anything untill a while after the full release hits. Give them time. Just know it will get better. Perhaps try and stick to 32 player servers for a bit as that's supposed to make things run smoother.

I have a Q6600 and a 5870, run everything on High and it's 40-60fps. I have tried dropping to medium but doesn't make a huge difference and the graphics look bad. Medium textures look horrid.

I don't think DDR3 is the answer to your issues. IMO it wouldn't make any difference at all to you and you'd be looking at a new Mobo, RAM and CPU

I've checked taskman while the game is running and all 4 cores on my q6600 are ~60% so it's by no means the bottleneck here.

Remember it's early days, TWI are working flat out but they can only do so much in 7 days. Just be patient and they will get there.

Upvote 0
i7 920 @ 2.8ghz+
12gb
1gb gtx 460 oc

Runs great with Shadows on Medium and everything else at ultra (30-60fps+) but as soon as i turn the shadows up to high or ultra it lags like a mofo (30fps at the most), shadows need optimization for sure, because no other setting drags fps down as much as high or ultra shadows.

Other peeps have dire performance when shadows set to medium and it actually improves when they set shadows to high. There are odd issues for sure, but they are being worked on.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't do anything untill a while after the full release hits. Give them time. Just know it will get better. Perhaps try and stick to 32 player servers for a bit as that's supposed to make things run smoother.

I have a Q6600 and a 5870, run everything on High and it's 40-60fps. I have tried dropping to medium but doesn't make a huge difference and the graphics look bad. Medium textures look horrid.

I don't think DDR3 is the answer to your issues. IMO it wouldn't make any difference at all to you and you'd be looking at a new Mobo, RAM and CPU

I've checked taskman while the game is running and all 4 cores on my q6600 are ~60% so it's by no means the bottleneck here.

Remember it's early days, TWI are working flat out but they can only do so much in 7 days. Just be patient and they will get there.

I also hear my video card running at about 60% as well (the fan speed anyway) so I guess we will just have to wait and see. Oh well. I agree that medium textures look terrible.

Upvote 0