• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game needs graphics optimization?

I also hear my video card running at about 60% as well (the fan speed anyway) so I guess we will just have to wait and see. Oh well. I agree that medium textures look terrible.

allthough the 4870x2 was a quick card, it relies on crossfire, and in RO2 at the moment CF isn't working well, you essentially have a single 4870 (well a 4870x2 just 2x 4850's I think.)

Upvote 0
Running at 1920x1080. I have the kentsfield Q6600? I believe that is the one. Bought it in '07.

My ram is only DDR2 800 so that may be slowing me down but I feel like my card isn't being used to full capacity. Does the 48070x2 run in crossfire? (its only one card). I'll look into disabling it.

I still feel like my specs should crush this game..

Try the game at a lower resoloution you can disable the crossfire, But for me my cards don't effect gameplay much in crossfire and they are the lesser ones to you.

If you do upgrade only do the CPU, Memory, Motherboard (I recently did this and cost me around

Upvote 0
Amd 720 tricore at 3,2 ghz, GTX 460 1GB, 4GB DDR2.

Everything on ultra except:
-Shadow medium
- Motion blur and bloom off

I get 35-55 frame. In barracks, inside the house with smoking granades, I get 25 frame.

It is playable, but need optimization for sure. Gpu always between 40-60 per cent.

Medium or high I don't improve really my performance, clear signal that the game need optimization.

PS: I can't use sniper rifle, in iron scope I lose 8-9 frame.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It NEEDS optimization:

My specs:

I7 860 OC @ 3,86Ghz
8Gb Ram DDR3 Mushkin CL6
GTX570 2560MB HD OC

With this, i can play CRYISIS 2 on ULTRA with DX11 Patch and HD texture patch at 1680x1050.

In this game, on Barracs map, i have to put it all in High with no AA to make it playable... not to mentio the fps drop when using the sniper scope...

Upvote 0
Check the support forum. That forum is bursting with threads about performance issues. I can only assume TWI is working on it.

I sure hope so...right now I've often got the issue that it runs very smoothly and as soon as there is a firefight it starts lagging like hell...I have lost more than enough firefights, because I got a significant framerate-drop when I aimed at an enemy standing right in front of me.

Upvote 0
I sure hope so...right now I've often got the issue that it runs very smoothly and as soon as there is a firefight it starts lagging like hell...I have lost more than enough firefights, because I got a significant framerate-drop when I aimed at an enemy standing right in front of me.

Same here mate, we can do nothing but wait for TWI to sort themselves out.

Upvote 0
I had lag and low fps issues on my rig as well, running an Nvidia GTX 580 with an i7 EE at 3.7 GHz I was getting below 10 fps. Turns out, in my case, but just reinstalling the graphics drivers it fixed the issue immediately and I was getting 60-65 FPS without any problems.

That's what I get on my rig 60-62 FPS. The game doesn't seem that CPU dependent as others have said, once your rig is already up there. Then again this game could still use more optimization.

A Q6600 is way behind than any i7.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had lag and low fps issues on my rig as well, running an Nvidia GTX 580 with an i7 EE at 3.7 GHz I was getting below 10 fps. Turns out, in my case, but just reinstalling the graphics drivers it fixed the issue immediately and I was getting 60-65 FPS without any problems.

LOL, below 10fps!!! You sure you even had graphics drivers installed in the 1st place? ;-)

Upvote 0