• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game Lag Issues

jinxedcrab

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 23, 2011
I am having issues playing The Ball on my computer and I cannot figure out why.

According to the faq, I need a recommended requirement of 256MB video ram and I have 1.4GB worth. Yet, the game lags something fierce.

The only problem according to this place: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ : is that my video card is a GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 instead of a GeForce 6800. But if all the specs of my video card match (with the RAM going over the requirement), why does it not work?

Is there something I can fix in the settings or do I have to buy a new video card? Even though it lags...what I have been able to play I have enjoyed and would really like to play more but the lag just makes it practically impossible. :(

You have an OnBoard video card which means that your graphics card is integrated into your mainboard. Video cards like that are the weakest you can get. Try lowering your video settings in game that will reduce the graphic quality but the game should run smoother.

If that doesn't help you probably want to upgrade. (I am sure forum user will help you with that too)

Upvote 0
What do you exactly mean by cheapish? :rolleyes:

Also without knowing more about your PC its hard to recommend something.

AMD Radeon HD 6670 is probably the most powerful video card your rig will be able to power since it draws all power from the motherboard and doesnt need a separate pci-e power cable from the power supply. It also doesnt need a lot of power and runs quite cool.

So if you want as good performance as possible that could be an option and its price is less than 100

Last edited:
Upvote 0
100$ is fairly cheapish as I am a poor college student. Well, for another two weeks anyway, as I graduate soon (yay!) ... then I will just be a poor adult, lol. Hence the rather non-quick replies. Studying and finishing up everything I need to do, but I have time at the moment ... so:

I think that can run on my PC - feel rather awful that I have to ask questions like this, because I feel like I should know these things, just have not kept up with technology in the past few years. :( Anyway ... here are some specs if you would still like to look at them:

Compaq Presario
AMD Athlon II X2 240 Processor
2.7GB RAM
Microsoft 7 64-Bit

Upvote 0
To be able to tell if your computer can run it, you need to tell what kind of PSU you have.

You can find it out by opening the case of your computer and telling whats written (or taking a pic) in the label on it.

Also your motherboard probably has a PCI-Express 16x slot?

Last edited:
Upvote 0