• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game keeps crashing when joining a server after I disconnected from previous one

Deleted member 73776

Apr 14, 2015
Hey everyone, as the title says the game crashes every time I leave a game and then join another. I've already tried to verify game integrity and it didn't work, I've also uninstalled the game (using Revo Uninstaller to be sure to remove everything) and reinstalled, but the problem persists. This is happening since when I uninstalled the game from the SSD to install it on my normal HDD. I always send the info when the bug splat window appears, but never got any answer... Any help? I'm on Windows 10 Pro 64x.

Thank you!

s5yn3t;n2331862 said:
Have you deleted kfgame folder in my documents>my games>killingfloor2?

Yes, Revo Uninstaller even deleted registry keys for KF2. I've also used "Everything" (a searching software) to make sure no file games were left. The problem has just happened again, it's really frustrating, considering KF2 teaks at least 3 minutes to load...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
UPDATE: support has reached me out and this, for now, seems to work:

travel to your ...\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config\... directory and open your KFEngine.ini. Once there, run a search for a line containing MaxObjectsNotConsideredByGC=179220. Once you've found it, try changing the value from 179220 to 33476, making sure not to change the values of any other functions.

Reactions: ®omano
Upvote 0
MC23;n2332939 said:
UPDATE: support has reached me out and this, for now, seems to work:

travel to your ...\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config\... directory and open your KFEngine.ini. Once there, run a search for a line containing MaxObjectsNotConsideredByGC=179220. Once you've found it, try changing the value from 179220 to 33476, making sure not to change the values of any other functions.

Thanks I'll try, because I too have random weird crashes usually after I play ONE game, then leave to menu, search for another game then at loading screen end, sound cuts and it crashes to desktop. It is random sometimes I can play many games without issues. I'll test and report if it solves the issue on my side.

Upvote 0