• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Game keeps crashing when joining a server after I disconnected from previous one

MC23

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 14, 2015
Hey everyone, as the title says the game crashes every time I leave a game and then join another. I've already tried to verify game integrity and it didn't work, I've also uninstalled the game (using Revo Uninstaller to be sure to remove everything) and reinstalled, but the problem persists. This is happening since when I uninstalled the game from the SSD to install it on my normal HDD. I always send the info when the bug splat window appears, but never got any answer... Any help? I'm on Windows 10 Pro 64x.

Thank you!

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
Have you deleted kfgame folder in my documents>my games>killingfloor2?

MC23

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 14, 2015
s5yn3t;n2331862 said:
Have you deleted kfgame folder in my documents>my games>killingfloor2?

Yes, Revo Uninstaller even deleted registry keys for KF2. I've also used "Everything" (a searching software) to make sure no file games were left. The problem has just happened again, it's really frustrating, considering KF2 teaks at least 3 minutes to load...

Last edited:

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
But are you definetly sure it touched my docs?
third party uninstallers don't always clean up everything.... And the long load time at this point is not even an issue.

MC23

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 14, 2015
s5yn3t;n2331903 said:
But are you definetly sure it touched my docs?
third party uninstallers don't always clean up everything.... And the long load time at this point is not even an issue.
Yes, I'm sure :)

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
Well idk then.
Try to create a support ticket and see if the support team can figure out your issue

MC23

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 14, 2015
Ok, did it, will post the solution if I get a reply that solves the problem.

MC23

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 14, 2015
UPDATE: support has reached me out and this, for now, seems to work:

travel to your ...\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config\... directory and open your KFEngine.ini. Once there, run a search for a line containing MaxObjectsNotConsideredByGC=179220. Once you've found it, try changing the value from 179220 to 33476, making sure not to change the values of any other functions.

Reactions: ®omano

®omano

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2009
France
www.hellsoldiers.tk
MC23;n2332939 said:
UPDATE: support has reached me out and this, for now, seems to work:

travel to your ...\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config\... directory and open your KFEngine.ini. Once there, run a search for a line containing MaxObjectsNotConsideredByGC=179220. Once you've found it, try changing the value from 179220 to 33476, making sure not to change the values of any other functions.
Thanks I'll try, because I too have random weird crashes usually after I play ONE game, then leave to menu, search for another game then at loading screen end, sound cuts and it crashes to desktop. It is random sometimes I can play many games without issues. I'll test and report if it solves the issue on my side.

MC23

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 14, 2015
omano;n2332940 said:
Thanks I'll try
Np, if it doesn't work open a support ticket like I did and be sure to attach the crash log file that the game creates (you can navigate to it when the BugSplat window appears :>)

®omano

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2009
France
www.hellsoldiers.tk
OK, it actually seems to work, I changed this settings as you explained, and... I guess I didn't crash since then ON MAP LOADING / SERVER SWITCH (but obviously, game is still not very stable and I can randomly crash during a game when a boss spawns, or something happens in game randomly)