• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"Game is currently unavailable" Constantnly

origination

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
It seems that practically every time I load up steam to play this game I get this problem and have to "verify integrity of game cache" to fix the issue for that 1 time of gameplay. Then of course the next time I load up steam to play the game I have to do it all over again.

Anybody having this problem and is there a solution?

It seems that practically every time I load up steam to play this game I get this problem and have to "verify integrity of game cache" to fix the issue for that 1 time of gameplay. Then of course the next time I load up steam to play the game I have to do it all over again.

Anybody having this problem and is there a solution?

My only guess at this stage would be to delete local content and re-install.... which would be a real pain in the arse.

Or you could try defragging your game files.... I'm not too sure.

Upvote 0
Had this issue a loooong time.

The only problem solve you will ever get.
Is to re-install windows files.
Formate, And re-install windows files.

Game needs a specific file in the windows update to run.
Without it, You cant start it and it keeps sayin that message untill you do!

Fresh windows install, Only solution!

Had it, Had no help, Had to find it out myself.
So trust me.. Windows re install...

Hope i was clear now.. Dont listen to those other bull****ting poeple. It aint about steam at all...
Its about unreal 3 engine needs certain files to run, And you get those from windows installation.
So a fresh install, Will solve it!
Did it, Fixed it, Said F-word you admin for not givin info on this 2 months longer wait to play.
But hey, They are forgived.. Locked my damn thread.. You bastards.. :D

Somebody had to learn the hard way, So take this seriusly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Had this issue a loooong time.

The only problem solve you will ever get.
Is to re-install windows files.
Formate, And re-install windows files.

Game needs a specific file in the windows update to run.
Without it, You cant start it and it keeps sayin that message untill you do!

Fresh windows install, Only solution!

Had it, Had no help, Had to find it out myself.
So trust me.. Windows re install...

Hope i was clear now.. Dont listen to those other bull****ting poeple. It aint about steam at all...
Its about unreal 3 engine needs certain files to run, And you get those from windows installation.
So a fresh install, Will solve it!
Did it, Fixed it, Said F-word you admin for not givin info on this 2 months longer wait to play.
But hey, They are forgived.. Locked my damn thread.. You bastards.. :D

Somebody had to learn the hard way, So take this seriusly.

Hey whoa there bucko'mc'skippo.... I wasn't BS'ing anything, I already admitted I wasn't sure of the solution but figured I'd at least help try and find some possible help until someone else came along.

If what you say above is true, wouldn't it be possible to just get the missing file from your Windows disc and copy it onto your system, rather than an entire reformat?

You could do that with Windows XP, as I had to do it in the past. My system was missing a specific file and I just did a repair/recovery of Windows using my XP disc, it copied over the missing file and all was good.

Just wondering.

Upvote 0
Hey whoa there bucko'mc'skippo.... I wasn't BS'ing anything, I already admitted I wasn't sure of the solution but figured I'd at least help try and find some possible help until someone else came along.

If what you say above is true, wouldn't it be possible to just get the missing file from your Windows disc and copy it onto your system, rather than an entire reformat?

You could do that with Windows XP, as I had to do it in the past. My system was missing a specific file and I just did a repair/recovery of Windows using my XP disc, it copied over the missing file and all was good.

Just wondering.

Your right, That also works.
And am sorry.. Am just so fackin pissed off at the lack of help in these questions..
And i am more pissed off at this ranking system, More and more pure hate aimed at tripwire.
Do they want luck in the future? I can easily swap that. Perhaps die in a car accident.
That pissed off i am at the moment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Windows reinstall really isn't a big deal since I do it on a regular basis anyways, however I am curious if that is the problem then why do all other Unreal Engine 3 games work fine on steam without this issue. I play America's Army3 on steam as well and it works fine. I also play APB witch is another UE3 game without this problem. This is actually the first time I've had this problem with a game on steam, so it seems pretty centered around RO2.

Just wonder how that can be. I may give a reformat a try anyways, since I need one anyways.

Upvote 0