• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac Game freezes while changing maps online

travdark

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 22, 2006
USA
I have seen this problem reported on these forums in the Windows section frequently and am unsure of its status of being fixed. I tried the method of deleting the killingfloor.ini file, but it has no effect on the problem. I am wondering if the developers have any suggestions for fixing this on the Mac or if a patch is in the works to solve this problem. I have enjoyed the game so far, but the game seems broken with this issue.

Thanks for the work on the game!

There are 2 different issues at play.

1) The game freezes on map change

and

2) The game hangs on map change (but does not freeze). It just never changes and hangs on a connection screen.

For the first you can try disabling precaching and uping your cache size to see if it helps the problem. For the second you may also try the same along with other things that have been posted. Both issues are being worked on/looked into.

Upvote 0
There are 2 different issues at play.

1) The game freezes on map change

and

2) The game hangs on map change (but does not freeze). It just never changes and hangs on a connection screen.

For the first you can try disabling precaching and uping your cache size to see if it helps the problem. For the second you may also try the same along with other things that have been posted. Both issues are being worked on/looked into.

Do you think you can give more detail on how to fix #1 on the mac? That'd be great.

Upvote 0