• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Game freezes several seconds after joining server.

RO2/RS has been freezing when I join a multiplayer server. I am unsure exactly of how long but it is less than a minute and the game just freezes. No sound errors and it doesn't crash, I have to close it through ending the task.

Map does not seem to matter, it just has to be an MP server (the tutorial works fine).

This started completely out of the blue two months ago, one day it worked and the next it did not. I don't think I changed anything. I did find one PB fix and it worked for one more evening then went back to freezing.

So far none of the following have fixed it:
- Reinstalling, clearing caches, configs, texture/shader files, reinstalling punkbuster, updating punkbuster, updating drivers, etc.

The only log I get is the launch one and they're all pretty much the same.

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64bit with an i5 [email protected], Club3D R9 290, 16GB DDR3 RAM, SSD (with RO2 installed on an HDD).

I'm getting to my wits end about this, I really enjoy the game but nothing I've found has really worked yet :(

EDIT: Weird, I tried deleting just the pb folder again and joined a server. It did not crash for a while as I was waiting to spawn but spawning was taking quite some time so I joined another server. It then promptly froze again when I finally spawned on the other server. I have uploaded that launch log too.

Attachments

• Launch.log
    13.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch2try.log
    26.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: