• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Game crashing to launcher causes save files to be erased

Crunch3778

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 24, 2020
Category: Code, most likely.

Reproducibility: Unable to reproduce, seemingly random.

Summary: After the game crashes, my save files are gone for no apparent reason.

Description: I have done two playthroughs of the game so far, one of ten hours and one of six. Both ended when the game randomly crashed and my saves were completely deleted. I am unable to reproduce this, as not only was it seemingly completely random, each time was far into the game. The first time, I was in Sapphire Bay in the large open area attempting to increase my infamy to rank 9, when I was given a random loading screen, a crash, and then a subsequent loss of that save. The second time, I was in the Gulf swimming towards the grotto after defeating the Apex Sperm Whale and the same thing happened. Both of them seemed completely random as well as completely unreproducible. Given my game crashed to the launcher, I was also unable to get any screenshots of it, due to the nature of the bug. The first time it occurred, I was at mega level, and the second time I was at level 28.