• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game bans for "sexism"?

ro_sauce

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 26, 2007
bwhgaming.com
Read this on game 'news' site:

Killing Floor 2 EULA Lists Sexism As A Bannable Offense

Since servers will mostly be player-owned, and who have webadmin(s), can't they ban disruptive players themselves?
Is TWI going to go through the hassle of doing this?

I wasn't aware this was a problem with Killing Floor 1.

edit; I don't have KF2 yet, vid card got toasted, can't run it yet. I'll buy it once I get a new one, and when full sdk/linux servers come out.
If anything, a dev can do a quick respond to the article to quell the fear fire, you know how fickle new customers can be.

Last edited:
It's to cover TWI's bases in case they need to take action against a player who's causing trouble. They're not going to be patrolling the servers, looking for racists & sexists & whatever else. Server bans will still be in the hands of the owners & operators of those servers. They're just making sure they give themselves the authority to nip that crap in the bud in the extreme circumstance that they'll be forced to do something.

(And if you're reading a GGer blog as though it's "news," then you really need to expand your gaming site rotation.)

Upvote 0
Used to read real gaming news sites, but got sick of constantly being berated for being born with a penis. I read this one cause it's different, and I don't really play games anymore.
Once the sdk and linux comes out, I can make my mods and servers, that's what was fun about kf1 for me. I did the BWH servers back then.

I like TWI, and fully support them, and figured this article was mostly fear mongering, just wanted to see if that was discussed here.

Upvote 0
There is this, if it helps.

Major quotes to be mentioned: "People are worried that we can "take your game away". Well, yes, we can. We've sold around 10 million games over the last 10 years. We have, I believe, taken away games from about 2 people. One of those was later convicted as a hacker in court."

"So what does this mean? It just means that we wanted to make it clear where we stand. We don't have any intention (or the time, frankly) to start policing servers and hunting down people who use bad language at each other."

And it's not just sexism, it's anything that makes you a counter-team player whose entire goal is to make everyone else's playing experience worse. Which is usually policed by server admins to begin with.

Upvote 0
Oh my god, quote from that article you linked:

"There is only one plausible explanation for the inclusion of sexism as a bannable offense: preemptively stopping any discussion of GamerGate by branding it as harassment of women"

That.........................that is the most stupid thing I've ever read in my entire life, my entire 20 something years on earth, that is the biggest reach I've ever seen a "writer" go for, this writer read "don't be sexist, it's bad" and immediately associated it with gg even though it isn't even mentioned at all ever anywhere ever...........................:confused: :confused: :confused:

Upvote 0
To be fair, GamerGaters think everything is about them. So it's not hard to see why they'd make that leap.

Please don't ever visit this "reaxxion" site, you guys........... I don't use the S word often but, oh my god, there are literally articles about why they don't hire women to write for the site, saying "they'll turn this into an SJW site" (talking about the ones on their side!!! who actually agree with them!!!) I'm literally gonna vomit

Upvote 0
while I don't really agree with each side (quinn, sarkeesian, wu all really don't deserve their attention, meanwhile GG has sites with bigoted policies like this)

honestly anti-GG is worse. I've seen way more people get doxxed by anti-GG than GG.

tumblr_nh281iLJNr1u5srk8o1_500.jpg

tumblr_nh281iLJNr1u5srk8o2_540.jpg

tumblr_nh281iLJNr1u5srk8o3_540.jpg

besides if TWI was all about being PC, they'd have to censor KF1...

On0Deul.jpg

"There's a kiss, *****!"

"Kill the *****! She's making my head spin!"

"Shoot the *****! She's doing my head in!"

"Damn! It's that invisible ***** again!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow, I wonder how much it cost to print all those signs.

I remember one of my old kf1 maps almost not getting whitelisted due to the vintage 60's and 70's skin flick posters (when there was a whitelisting group), they didn't show nipples, but they were provocative enough.

After installing per-server-perks, it didn't matter, so we went full bore where applicable. We didn't even warn about it on those maps just cause the server name was enough.

Good times.

Upvote 0
while I don't really agree with each side (quinn, sarkeesian, wu all really don't deserve their attention, meanwhile GG has sites with bigoted policies like this)

honestly anti-GG is worse. I've seen way more people get doxxed by anti-GG than GG.

-images snip-

besides if TWI was all about being PC, they'd have to censor KF1...

-giant image snip-

"There's a kiss, *****!"

"Kill the *****! She's making my head spin!"

"Shoot the *****! She's doing my head in!"

"Damn! It's that invisible ***** again!"

Murderous clones that can turn invisible and think only about tearing off our faces for the fun of it =/= people.

Personally, I like this policy. It means that the disgusting human garbage that you see in some games (*cough* Call of Duty *cough*) Who swear with every second breath and use racist, sexist and ableist slurs like they're afraid they'll forget how are people that, frankly, I have no interest in sharing this game with.

And no, Tripwire isn't going to hunt around the servers with a suit and sunglasses, stripping the game away from any asshole who casually yells "You b***h!" every now and then. But it does mean that if somebody - anybody - (yes, even you) gets harassed, bullied or otherwise verbally attacked by some knobhead in a server, you can report them to Tripwire and they can be banned and have their right to play revoked over it.

I feel good knowing that Tripwire's development team have decided to start living in the 21st century, to be honest. More game companies should have the sense to do that.

In my mind, the only people who would have any reason to protest this condition to entry (that condition being "Don't be a little tool.") are people who are afraid that they'll get banned for acting the way they do in other games.

And to those people, I say: "Grow Up, or Get Out."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Murderous clones that can turn invisible and think only about tearing off our faces for the fun of it =/= people.

Personally, I like this policy. It means that the disgusting human garbage that you see in some games (*cough* Call of Duty *cough*) Who swear with every second breath and use racist, sexist and ableist slurs like they're afraid they'll forget how are people that, frankly, I have no interest in sharing this game with.

And no, Tripwire isn't going to hunt around the servers with a suit and sunglasses, stripping the game away from any asshole who casually yells "You b***h!" every now and then. But it does mean that if somebody - anybody - (yes, even you) gets harassed, bullied or otherwise verbally attacked by some knobhead in a server, you can report them to Tripwire and they can be banned and have their right to play revoked over it.

I feel good knowing that Tripwire's development team have decided to start living in the 21st century, to be honest. More game companies should have the sense to do that.

In my mind, the only people who would have any reason to protest this condition to entry (that condition being "Don't be a little tool.") are people who are afraid that they'll get banned for acting the way they do in other games.

And to those people, I say: "Grow Up, or Get Out."

Disgusting human garbage? I think you deserve a ban for that.

Upvote 0