• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics G43 tips?

Hunt3r.j2

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 5, 2007
I find that I do horribly with the G43 scoped and unscoped. With the scoped version the gun is quite moody and tends to either be like an aimbot or it will miss even though my shot was dead on the guy's head. With the unscoped version the gun's shot will somehow drop down below the chest and hit the leg. This only happens at distances like from the Russian Spawn's sniper building to the garden with the wooden structure that is in line of sight with the bridge dead ahead. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to use it?

Last edited:
I nearly only use semi autos and I don't know what you mean. It's precise in any matter, just when your standing it get's hard. Alltogether the g43 is the most deadly weapon in RO for me, in close quarters battle up to mid-range its perfect for hipshooting (up to 30-40 metres shouldn't be a problem) and very good for aimed shots, and on long range I would only prefer a k98 if the enemy is over 200metres away.

@deterio: the stg is horrible inaccurate even in single shot mode (unlike in the mod where it was deadly as hell)

btw: I have no idea what map you are talking about hunter

Upvote 0
I hate the G43, for some reason it and me just can't get a thing working whenever I use it, so I never do (unless it is scoped). I would much rather use the STG since it uses a much larger round than the mp40 and has decent accuracy and great stopping power. My all time fav. though is the G41, even though it is a pain to reload, the gun always hits the stuff I aim at :D

Upvote 0
Personally I don't really see a big difference between the semi autos, I just love all of them. As kapula described the SVT-40 is the best of them IMO because you can attach a bayo to it. My second in the rating is the G43 and after that the G41 because it's horrible reload times.
Also I have to say that they all take some training to get used to them, but I'm fine with when people don't like them, so I get it on public servers :D

@Todsky: I bet a 100 euros that if we do a 1on1 where you can pick every weapon you want and i pick a G43 you will notice that nothing of what you said is true. In the right hands the G43 is just a f*cking beast

Upvote 0
Right, if I can't use it, the physics must be off? The sniper version might have more bullet drop than the regular one, but I am not sure about that one. What I am sure of is that the gun is as good as a K98 while shooting exposed targets at medium range, slightly worse than the K98 when trying to snipe a head at medium range and the only real distance where the K98 is noticeably superior is long range, but as I said, you should always try to move in close where the rifle has a marked superiority over other similar rifles (SVT excluded, just because of the bayonet).

That being said, I also used to have the mental attitude of the G43 being bad but that was just because I didn't use it enough.

Upvote 0
Its reasonable over distance, good at mid range and good at cqb.

If you are used to using a bolt ingame you will notice the consistent accuracy of any of the semis over distance aint great.

In a match situation the semis are always better due to rate of fire, reasonable accuracy and the safety of a second shot without reload.

I use bolt action a lot of the time, but I also go with any of the semis depending on maps and mood:)
You'll play differently with any semiauto.....you get to rush rooms and crack off doubletap shots, at such medium to close ranges there's no substantial difference in any of the Gewehrs imo anyways.

Upvote 0
What I do for long range shots with the G43 is to waste a few rounds getting my range and lead times dialed in. If I am setup covering an area I will try to get those shots off without any enemies nearby to hopefully not give away my position. I usually do something similar with any weapon I get my hands on just to get the proper feel for it.
I personally use the very tip of the front sight as my start point then adjust for range from there. It feels as if its sighted for 200M standard. The round seems to have a good muzzle velocity so it doesn't drop to fast and you don't need a great deal of lead. When I really start to miss a lot of shots it is usually because I'm over compensating for the weapon. So when this happens, just relax and try to dial in the weapon again. If this doesn't work, then try to change your overall tactic in using the weapon.

This of course is just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

Upvote 0