• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

G41 Optics suck

JoshuaC

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Arizona
Putting aside the whole "Why does this gun need optics." argument.. I was unfortunate enough to get this unlock in the SP campaign, and after 1 losing round I wanted to bash it up against a wall till it fell off.

When aiming with it, the point of aim is a lot different than what the rest of the gun is pointing at. I can align a solider up on the horizon using the outside of the gun as a level, and the optic will always be off in comparison. The actual reticule size also makes it tough to see anything beyond that little half inch patch on the screen. Switching to normal iron sights is a little better, but you've got a lot of stuff blocking your view.

I really hope I'll be able to take this thing off if I ever unlock it in MP, cause it ruins the gun.

The problem isn't the scope as such. It's that if the iron sight rifle gets such a huge zoom... what is the point of the scope zoom? I mean you see a 4x scope or whatever. But if an unscoped rifle gets a lot closer to 4x zoom... surely the sniper rifle's not a 4x zoom anymore? When normal vision is far beyond 1x in game terms, what does that make the scope?

Unless of course they decide to add the unscoped zoom level to the zoomed scope. In which case I suspect the sniper rifles could possibly zoom enough to directly image exoplanets.

Upvote 0
The magnification is too high for that small of a viewing area IMO. The extra peripheral vision is nice, but when I do see something, I cant hit it because the eyesight to optics transition is too sudden and extreme.

See object > move scope to general area > 1 meter short of target > pan farther

Unlike a regular scope where you are given a larger area to view, and the eyesight/optics transition isn't as much of an issue unless you are doing a quick 180 degree turn or something. It could be like this because they didn't want people dominating with a semi auto or maybe it's to encourage sniping at longer ranges since it's so risky in CQC. Whatever the reason(s) for it's implementation, I think I would be better off with a rifleman's k98 :p.

Upvote 0