• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

G41 appearence

G41 appearence

• Yes

Votes: 22 41.5%
  • NO

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • Do not mind...

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters

2M|Bivoj

Grizzled Veteran
May 31, 2006
The new addon will remove MP41 and PPD40 (which was already removed from some maps) from some maps, making the game more historicaly accurate. I am really glad to see this, but I'd like to see something similar to the G41.

While on some maps it is good balance weapon and do not break historical accuracy too much (baksan, for exemple) on some others, it is ridiculously unrealistic (Stalingrad).

G41 was really rare weapon and sufferd many maintenance problems. It was jamming badly especialy in tough russian weather conditions.

So, it is beliveable, that elite gebrisj

Last edited:
I hate the other 2 Semi Auto rifles, and G41 is the only one I use. Why remove G41? Its rare enough to find already, and the G43 is already seen in almost every map ( hate that thing). I attempt to get the G41 when its avaliable, (even though Kar98 is still my favorite) because of its awesome design, and awesome gunshot noise.

Tripwire worked hard on these updates, and removing G41 because of its "historical inaccuracies" would just make this amazing weapon less used and appreciated.

Upvote 0
The thing I don't like is on some maps Pak Soldats & Squad Leaders on both sides have the SVT40, G41 or G43, so you end up with 3 guys with Semiautos (not counting of course all the people that pick up their semiautos when they die). After the previous patch is when the Comms & Pak Soldats were given Semiautos. I think 2 semiauto slots should be the limit on all maps with the G41 phased out on any 1943 or later maps. I'd also be happy if the PPD40 & MP41 were strictly Squad Leader weapons as they were highly rare, but I know my views are extreme.

Upvote 0
I like the idea of replacing it with capture Svts. I've read alot about how the Germans would use large numbers of capture weapons. Yes I know, I know, you can pick them up off the ground. But in reality you would already have a capture weapon before going into battle again. It's not like you would pick up the rifle and start using it immediatly, not unless you lost your own gun anways.

Upvote 0
I'm for reducing the amount of G41s in play. If I am not mistaken, their production numbers started to be felt in 1943; combined 1941 and 1942 totals are approximately 11,778 (not including the 1,673 G41(M) which were produced in 1941). Thus at this point, the weapon was indeed rare, and should have its role reduced, reserved maybe to just Gruppenfuhrers or one semi auto slot on select early/mid-war maps.

Upvote 0
I'm for reducing the amount of G41s in play. If I am not mistaken, their production numbers started to be felt in 1943; combined 1941 and 1942 totals are approximately 11,778 (not including the 1,673 G41(M) which were produced in 1941). Thus at this point, the weapon was indeed rare, and should have its role reduced, reserved maybe to just Gruppenfuhrers or one semi auto slot on select early/mid-war maps.

I think thats for the Mauser variant of the G41 for the Whalter variant I have seen production numbers bigger then 100000 (well the production numbers I have seen all varies between 60000-130000)

Still a small number compared to weapons like MP40 or Mauser Kar 98k, but it is still not that small

Upvote 0
Read my post again: I stated that the Mauser production was small, and was only counting production figures of the G41(W) from 1941 to the end of 1942. While yes, the total production of the Walther variant exceeded figures of 100,000 before the end of the war, the production figures from 1941 to the end of 1942 amounted to 11,778 units. In 1943 91,597 units were produced, and 24,532 in 1944, with none being produced in 1945.

Therefore, we should see one-two G41 slots on 1943 maps, but one or less G41s on early to mid war maps. As it stands now, it is overabundant and just a tool for the balancing act; Stalingrad Kessel was possible to win before without the G41, as were the other early maps where it was meant to be the counterpart to the SVT40. It's nice that it was made, but it is distributed excessively, much like the MP41 being more prevalent that the MP40 for a good deal of time.

Upvote 0