• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

G15 Feedback and suggestions

Some things that I think would improve it:

- add the the tank shell selector
- add a compass readout (just "N S E W NW NE SW SE" would do)
- elaborate more when a player is injured (hit location), or perhaps even remove it to make space for something more useful
- elaborate more as to the extent of the damage of the vehicle (i have yet to take a hit in the tracks with it though, so I'm not sure if it currently gets any more descriptive than "damaged")

Just a few more minor improvements and any need for the HUD will then be eliminated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I suggest putting your score and your ping on the same tab so that you completely eliminate the need to press Tab. That would be awesome.

If I want to see other peoples' scores, I'll just press tab and see everybody's score, not just the top 3.

Other than that, though, it's a very nice addition. I think this keyboard is way underrated by a lot of the game developers, I'm very glad Tripwire decided to add native support. Thank you! :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's pretty neat... this is the first real game-support-thing I've used my G15 for. Personally I think that the score list should be completely different.

I don't really care who is in the top 1/2/3 spot, but I do care how many reinforcements my team has and how much time is left. I also don't care much about how many times I've died.

Upvote 0
Thought I was pretty up to date on the game equipment... but can someone tell me what a G15 keyboard is.... whats the diff?
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2166,CONTENTID=10717

It has a little LCD screen at the top that can tell you your system resource usage, the date/time, a countdown timer, and it also has native support for a lot of programs and games like Xfire (you see the messages on the screen), Ventrilo and Teamspeak (you can see who's in the room, who's talking, etc.).

It also has 18 keys on the left side that are programmable to do macro key combinations that you can assign to them. Very useful for things like buy scripts in CS or macros for MMORPGs.

I love my G15 to death.

Upvote 0
I'd say It needs still

• On the Ping screen it should also show FPS
  • As earlier stated a tank ammo display - you can't disable the weapon display on screen if you plan to use a tank, because the ammo counters and round to load next indicators aren't replicated to the g15 LCD
  • I'm not too fussed about lack of compass, i tend to have it turned off anyway.
  • What I'd like are a set of listed in game commands etc. that can be easily bound to the keyboard directly.

So rather than bind a key to say a voice command and then rebind a macro key to perform that key's function as well, you could simply set the macro key to "order_attack".

This way a proper RO Profile could be created for the macro keys and use a printed key overlay. At present if I tried to make a profile to perform the commands I want, It'd have to be modified by every other user as few players use exactly the same key bindings, whereas if it used standard game commands directly there would be no need.

Upvote 0
In the german version very often the text doesnn't fit into the display. Some letters are missing and the word is "cut". Nothing serious but kind of annoying. (Loading screens for example)
Also annoying is that RO has to share its informations with the normal from Logitech installed content. While i am playing I don't need a Countdown or the information what day it is (or at least not so big). Is it possible to disable this content so that the LCD delivers more RO specific infos?
Also I don't want to select which info I get they all should rotate maybe they could be animated like the ending title of a movie (you know what I mean?)

And btw thanx for G15 support ...

Upvote 0
In the german version very often the text doesnn't fit into the display. Some letters are missing and the word is "cut". Nothing serious but kind of annoying. (Loading screens for example)
Also annoying is that RO has to share its informations with the normal from Logitech installed content. While i am playing I don't need a Countdown or the information what day it is (or at least not so big). Is it possible to disable this content so that the LCD delivers more RO specific infos?
Also I don't want to select which info I get they all should rotate maybe they could be animated like the ending title of a movie (you know what I mean?)

And btw thanx for G15 support ...

Go to the Logitech G-series Keyboard Profiler --> Settings --> LCD Control Panel --> LCD Settings Tab --> Check off "Manual" instead of Rotate. Now, it won't switch between them every few seconds, it'll just stay on the one you have it on.

Now to switch between them, press the round black button underneath the LCD screen to the top left and it will cycle through all of the running programs you have running for it.

Upvote 0
Double check that you have the latest version, and you can set it to 'auto cycle' through all the plugins that you have installed. If you go to your Control Panel, click on the 'Logitech G-Series LCD' icon. The LCD settings tab will let you set it to rotate between the items (items are enabled in the Programs tab) or manual. If you set it to Manual and check 'Imeediate Display of High Priority Items' it should pop RO (or any other game that uses the display) right to hte front.

Upvote 0
I haven't done too much playing RO since I got my G15, I'm not sure if its there or not but I'd like to see it say whether or not my weapon is rested. Ultimately I would like to see the HUD eliminated from the game by having the G15 assume all of its important functionalities.

What about for those without the fancy keyboard? Must they lose the HUD also? Or, is your wish only for those using the G-15? In any case, I hope your holidays were enjoyable.

Upvote 0
Im going to get a G15 this week if you havnt read my post.
I knew ROOF guys would support it thoughly you guys rule

Anyway IMO there is no point moving things off the screen onto the g15

I would rather display information on it that does not show up on the HUD
ie scores (and stuff like that that requires a complete change in view)

IMO the whole point of the LCD on the g15 is to display information normaly shown on the score menu or anyother areas

Also being able to remove the on screen text to the g15 breaks my rule but would make things alot easier and clearer for us privliged (or soon to be) few.

For me I expect scores and text from other players as a G15 option in RO
All other ideas I have are HAXOR!!DAFA!@Q!! ONOES!
like bullet counters etc

O and with the score display im yet to see it but i presume it places the users scores central?

Upvote 0