• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Future of Killing Floor 2 in 2020

Radio4ctive

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 22, 2016
To sum up In spring update we will get:

• One new map (not made by TWI)
  • One new DLC weapon
  • One HRG reskined weapon
  • Few changes to skills
At this point i'm a little bit worried about 2020 updates for KF2. If all of this money from DLC weapons is enough to only make another one DLC weapon after few months from previous update it's kinda a bad sign. If the next updates will be look similar to this I think this year is the end of KF2, and this make me sad. I reather wanna to see TWI making a Killing Floor 3 even if it will be a Epic Store exclusive (If KF3 come out i'm quite sure it will be EGS exclusive) instead to see this lack of content for Killing Floor 2. But who knows maybe next updates will be better, We will see. But for me this doesn't look like a "major update" it can be easly done between a real major updates.

Last edited:
I do wish they had the other two weapons included in this update. I also think bug fixes shouldn't be put in the quartly updates but instead released when they are fixed. One big reason is if the update fix borks the game, it's during the seasonal update bounty and interferes with that limited time frame.

Upvote 0
Well, truth be told, nearly five years worth of content for an AA-game is definitely alright. Not that rare anymore...But Tripwire doesn't have the same budget as an AAA studio. And the news that the future updates would be done by another studio wasn't exactly a good sign either.

It is however weird that they are making such smaller updates when the DLCs were launched not that long ago. Surely they still need some time to assess what to do next? More DLCs? Make them less expensive? Make them differently?

In the end, I'm honestly fairly impressed by the run of the game. And I wouldn't mind to leave it be that way. All things need to end at some point don't they?

Upvote 0
Killing Floor 2 is slowly boring us to death
i did play few good multiplayer matches got bored did not play month after it.
also reminds me why i adored kf1 it was because of costum sets of servers with custom everything in them
i had my best fun there.
idk how modable is kf2 but if TW make more friendly for modding i see great stuff could happen
stuff like full control for the server like kf1 was possible.
i see few servers but i did not try them they were a MESS :)
also the marketplace we have currently will make no one play for it .

Upvote 0