• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Writing, special effects, attention to historical detail, and the use of real tanks should be what this movie should be remembered for. I've never seen a movie put so much detail into its sound design. Hearing the whistles of shells, the whizzing of ricochets, and the boom of cannon fire was a unique experience to cinema. The five main characters are also very well done. Shia was an especially surprising standout. Being in the service myself, these were possible the most well written "actually been there" roles i've seen .

There wasn't a moment I rolled my eyes at a line or gesture made by the crew. The action and combat was a horrible joy to watch. Seeing a crew being burned alive after a Panzerfaust attack is hard to forget. Now most people complain about the ending. But there are true to life stories of men doing even more with less. But it was also a symbol that the crew felt that they had seen too much and we're ready to die. I factor this in to severe survivors guilt and PTSD.

It blows my mind this film was passed over for "American Sniper" but awards never meant much to me, but they do expose "lesser known" movies to a wider audience and allow similar movies to be created later down the line. But this will be a 20 dollars well spent on my own bluray copy.

Upvote 0
Writing, special effects, attention to historical detail, and the use of real tanks should be what this movie should be remembered for. I've never seen a movie put so much detail into its sound design. Hearing the whistles of shells, the whizzing of ricochets, and the boom of cannon fire was a unique experience to cinema. The five main characters are also very well done. Shia was an especially surprising standout. Being in the service myself, these were possible the most well written "actually been there" roles i've seen .

There wasn't a moment I rolled my eyes at a line or gesture made by the crew. The action and combat was a horrible joy to watch. Seeing a crew being burned alive after a Panzerfaust attack is hard to forget. Now most people complain about the ending. But there are true to life stories of men doing even more with less. But it was also a symbol that the crew felt that they had seen too much and we're ready to die. I factor this in to severe survivors guilt and PTSD.

It blows my mind this film was passed over for "American Sniper" but awards never meant much to me, but they do expose "lesser known" movies to a wider audience and allow similar movies to be created later down the line. But this will be a 20 dollars well spent on my own bluray copy.

What wasnt realistic was firing mp40s and mg42s at a sherman.... Like the germans dont know its like shooting spitballs at a bull

As for military realism I think Saving Private Ryan was a more realistic

And no it wasnt a fairytale ending

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I digged my old steam status about fury, it contains spoilers ( only details about the final fight ) but i think i perfectly explained why it is worse than rambo

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
WATCH IT AGAIN, the mauser sniper shots are to the shoulders

and whats the principial difference? you still find it completely OK that commander was shot 2 times in shoulder from side ( => bullets go through lungs ), then he climbed inside the tank and was killed only after 2 M24 grenades with magic 20 second fuse?

And you are completely okay with that germans were going around the tank while commander was standing on it in full height and shooting other germans from AA MG? they were in 20 meters from him and they had ****ing GUNS, they could SHOOT HIM, but they prefered doing anything else but not actually killing the enemy.

You are also ok with that 2 germans were climbing on tank to BEAT COMMANDER ?

This stupid fight reminded me call of dity nazi zombies. With the only exception - germans were even more stupid.

Upvote 0
I digged my old steam status about fury, it contains spoilers ( only details about the final fight ) but i think i perfectly explained why it is worse than rambo

Spoiler!

They were drinking cause they knew they were going to die.

As brad pitt said "may as well drink up"

Upvote 0
I saw the film recently and I am honestly and positively surprised the movie wasn't that bad. Not great, but it could have been worse... but it also could have been much better. Somewhere between watchable and plain meh. Fine tuning the dialog and overall presentation IMHO would've been in order. And maybe redoing the ending altogether, since it got pretty funny. It was like jumping back to 80s action film minus the aesthetics and cheese.

I laughed at the Nationale Volksarmee beltbuckle during the early Panzerfaust ambush more than I should have though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I found it very disappointing considering all the hype.

The battles were silly and not realistic in any way.

The last one of course being the worst form of zerg armying, comparable to the worst b movies from the 50s, but the tank battle with the Tiger, which I had heard so much about was just plain annoying.

Why would they charge it in a single line like that, had these battle hardened tankers never heard of flanking? And why would the Tiger just turn the turret instead of the entire tank, so as not to let the Sherman get behind it like that?

Upvote 0
I found it very disappointing considering all the hype.

The battles were silly and not realistic in any way.

The last one of course being the worst form of zerg armying, comparable to the worst b movies from the 50s, but the tank battle with the Tiger, which I had heard so much about was just plain annoying.

Why would they charge it in a single line like that, had these battle hardened tankers never heard of flanking? And why would the Tiger just turn the turret instead of the entire tank, so as not to let the Sherman get behind it like that?

Because if it turned then the heroes never would have gotten behind it and killed it, and that's not how Hollywood works.

Upvote 0