• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

funny quote

panzerknacker

Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2006
Hamburg
Tonight XDC server was playing wateverovko as a soviet tank commander

(team)randomn00b: this is so unfair! they have snipers
(team)hampster:freakin grow a pair, find their sniper and bash his brains out, problem solved.
(team)somerandomguy:lol

when the other team is killing you,advance you nancyboys and do something about it, if you get up and kill the other team then they wont shoot at you anymore and you can go back to knitting and reading playgirl in peace.

"If the enemy is supressing you, charge into the fire and kill them!"

Sound advice... ;)

Agreed.

I think it's stupid when people say stuff like this.

One night, I was playing on Bonderevo (sp?) and, in my experience, this is one of those maps where-- usually, if the map has enough players--the first 5 minutes determine the whole match. All the Germans need to do is position themselves in the right spots in the distance and they've won the map.

Anyway, our team's getting slaughtered and there's nothing we can really do; every time we move out of our spawn, we get blasted. Then, people on the German side start complaining about being bored and telling us to do something. One guy even said something to the nature of "Alright, if the Russians don't want to ****ing play, I'm leaving."

I don't understand the logic behind this.. you want us to do something... but don't let us leave our spawn... You want us to do something, yet you keep camping and shooting at anything that moves... it doesn't make much sense; if you want us to do something, stop spawn camping so we can!

[/rant]

Upvote 0
Yeah, depending on the maps you can get a lockdown and one side get totally raped. To make it worse, a couple of people usually leave then leaving the raped side two+ players short and that's about the end of the map.

But if it's not a total campfest, I love sprinting under fire to a bit of advanced cover that gives me a good angle on the enemy (or crawling for a full min if needbe). You can rack up tons of kills as the enemy doesn't think or can't believe you're there (or your guys behind are saving your ass) and will keep going to the spot you now own like lemmings. It's this grabbing the balls and making a push for it under fire, getting the angles, and even sometimes being rewarded with seeing your guys advance into the area you keep clear with your new angled coverage that makes me love RO so much when it happens. The slower thinking combat that rules over CS Dod etc.

But if it's total campfest where you can't make it five feet out of the spawn, yeah people saying just push a head can be annoying. Almost as annoying as people saying, come on EVERYONE rush the cap zone, when it's a building and you're a rifle (non auto) and you've done that twenty times before to be killed by SMGs.... no thanks I'll cover the flanks and shoot the enemy as they enter and leave the close stuff to the assult guys :)

T.

Upvote 0
People play this game like it's their life on the line. Staying outside of the capzones with your rifle blasting everything that comes past is not the way to win, it just draws attention to yourself so you get killed. This is a waste of reinforcements. Getting into the capzone, whether you take it or get killed, is not a waste of reinforcements.

Upvote 0
Um... why? Based on what I've seen in servers more people can bayonet than can make an awesome hip shot with a bolt-action.

Well, that statement was based more toward the SMGs, but, IMO, it's even cheaper if you get a hip shot with a bolt action rifle, because it's just blind luck if you hit them. But that doesn't happen nearly as often, so I don't really think much of it when it happens. SMG hip shots happen all the time, so they annoy me.

Upvote 0