• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Funny game experiences

lilaznkilla

Jul 17, 2009
Australia
So far there have been 2 cases of this happening to me. The first time was playing on a normal full pub server with my friends the stage is Manor. After clearing wave 9, my friend said that normal is too easy then at the start of wave 10 I spot a Flesh Pound running over the hill with my xbow. So I shoot it since it takes about 3-4 headshots to kill it. By the time I reloaded and scoped again theres another 4 Flesh Pounds running behind him. Long story short we ended up with 8 Flesh Pounds spawning in the same spot and we barely survived the wave with 2 guys left.

The second case was a LAN party doing suicidal with a 3 man group. Manor again, shortly after wave 2 starting, only bloats came out and our team got wiped by 20 bloats, we found it hilarious since we all panicked and I died getting stuck between a bloat and a hard place trying to jump around him.

Any one else had a similar experience?

It was wave 7 on Manor for me and some others from the f7lans community, we had killed about 20 zombies, clots mostly, and then after that the rest of the wave, the entire wave, was scrakes. This was pre-patch, so we were able to kite them well enough, but needless to say it was a pain in the behind, and there were a few casualties from players backing up into a pack of them xD

Upvote 0
This was on a custom map...

*Siren Scream*
I turn around... nothing there

*Siren Scream again*
I turn in circles, WHERE IS SHE?

*Siren scream*
I died, the Siren was on my head.

Second funny moment...

In West London

-I was fighting in front of church, someone throws a grenade at a mob...
Suddenly, a siren comes FLYING down the street because of the grenade, lands in front of me, screams, and I die.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In the Shopping mall map i was in the massive long corridor that runs around the actual mall part (Best i can explain it, if you've played it you should know what i mean) and it was me and one other guy left but i couldn't see him but i knew he was somewhere in one of the four corridors.

There were loads of specimen coming round into the corridor i was in and so i kept shooting them until a couple of Scrakes came at which point i took out my knife as i knew it would be best to find the other guy alive and take 'em down together but after about 5 seconds it flashes on my screen that he was killed so i keep running down the corridor with a whole heap of specimen behind me until i get to the end of the corridor, and before i can turn the corner two Scrakes come running out and kill me.

These were the two Scrakes that killed the other guy, they had circled round and caught me in a pincer movement with the Specimen following me.

Upvote 0
Yeah theres something VERY wrong with Manor. The spawn point near the boathouse goes mad sometimes.

Great time earlier. Second wave, oooo Clots... more clots........... ok how many clots?! So me and a friend just stood there watching as 30+ Clots climbed over the fence and headed towards a friend on Zerker.
Next wave, on vent 'Gorefasts are mine', followed by a cry for help, followed by a death. 20+ Gorefasts wandering around when we went to investigate.
Wave 7, exactly the same thing with Scrakes+Gorefasts. Must've killed about 10 of them.

Then the classic ending. I catch sight of the Patriarch at the end of the cave and crossbow him but move out of sight range. He starts chain gunning me so i just fire blindly... next thing i know this rocket has come flying out of the cave and blown me up... it was beautiful.

Upvote 0
My funniest moment was after an INTENSE suicidal game on Biotics, a team of sleep deprived veteran players decided that it was better to have everyone go Berserker/Katana and rush the Patriarch at once than weld him in (And this is a team that could weld him in perfectly, mind you!).

The result was a complete wipe in less than 30 seconds...

Upvote 0
Once i had a full team that for once on hard survived with no casualities. We get to Patriarch and start to steam roll him that he couldnt enter the room we were in. It was his last heal and we were celebrating and by dumb luck he hit 3 of our guys with a rocket killing them. He then went all ninja and chopped up 2 more people. I sadly was the last and went all out (commando unloading in his face), and as i was almost to the point of finishing him off we he went invisi again. I than started to gloat that i was gonna unload all my ammoo into his face. I turn around and there he is spinning his minigun. Well you can guess what happened to me than.

Upvote 0
Playing with none other than Yoshiro himself, we were on manor when there was a lull in the wave. We still had about 75 specimens to go when the entire map went vacant. We got worried that there was a glitch, but no sooner had we considered this conclusion did we hear the fatty wail of bloats....dozens of bloats. Pouring over the swamp ridge behind the docks they waddled forth in a mass of obese decay, vomiting and flailing all the way. Someone in the group shouted over Vent "Oh god! They can smell the chicken nuggets I brought!". We proceeded to cut them down with grenades and shotgun fire (causing a massive frame rate lag) then watched and laughed darkly as the successive waves succame to their fallen brethren's acidic bile.

Upvote 0