• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fun / novelty maps / mods

Nimsky

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Elitist Prick Nude Beach
Today in the IRC channel Manstein, Zuberlan and me talked about easter eggs and "fun maps" and the like. I remember from the mod:

PaK Fight - Panzerfaust carnage in space, low gravity
Torlan for RO (fun to jump off of the high tower)
Some kind of weird race track on Kalinin

Mutator -
the funniest mutator ever - admins could spawn dragons, monsters and huge cars into regular RO. I've seen this one in the DBDUK server. I would really like to see this one again.

Any chance on getting them back? :)

Another idea:

BA-64 racetrack - including loopings, corkscrews, jumps etc. Let's be honest, these little buggers ask for it. ;)

Nimsky said:
BA-64 racetrack - including loopings, corkscrews, jumps etc. Let's be honest, these little buggers ask for it. ;)

Don't forget a mutator to do 2 things:
- Make it so the germans can use them (include a nice Feldgrau colors skin to it's easier to tell them apart)
(and you should actually make a buncha different skin variations.. put little circles with numbers in them.. ie: race car style!)

- 3 alpha-numeric characters: N2O

You can call it:

2F2F: Ostfront Drift!

Upvote 0
Nimsky said:
So what about the dragon / monster mutator? Is it still possible in Ostfront?

Ofcourse, it'd just take some work, as back with UT2004 the monsters where allready there from the "invasion" gametype, to do it for RO, someone would have to make some monsters ;)

One thing i'd really like to see for RO is a remake of a good old UT99 mutator called "Monster Madness 3.04", this would spawn monsters on random actors like pathnodes so they where all over the map in random places, and unlike the invasion gametype, the monsters did not know where you are, so you could go hunting, tracking them down one by one till you bagged them all, that was a blast! :D

Upvote 0
Gives me an idea for a mutator, you know the way at the moment we have problems sometimes with unbalanced teams, what if someone were to make a mutator where if the teams were grossly under balanced then for the team with less people they would get friendly monsters or maybe (i wish) their tanks would be replaced with mechs with fricking laser beams and rockets then im sure the teams would become balanced pretty quickly:) can you imagine it god that'd be bloody hilarious.

Upvote 0