• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fun Facts That Could Provide Useful

If you're playing hard (or normal), you can easily kill everything with your knife (and even be at the top of the ranking at the end of the first wave).

This is particulary helpful if you're playing demo, or support, because of the low ammo pool from your T1. It's worth considering if you start as a medic (because you should not have to worry too much about the health of your teammate during the first wave, so it's a good way to gain some cash and get your T4 quicker. Especially because you're faster than all the other class except berserker).

It's not worth considering if you are playing firebug with fully stocked (lvl 5), berserker (obviously), commando if you are able to hit headshot (or using back-up).

Anyway, in first wave, just be careful of Bloat (and group of gorefast). Usually, if you headshot the bload with your knife, you will not get any damage. But, if you miss... So, sometimes, better to use your 9mm for it.

Other Tips> If you want to level up (demo for instance), you can start as a demo, kill everything with your knife... then in wave 2, change to Berserker (if you're at least level 10 with it !). Surprise : The knife is still the demo knife so you GET XP as a demo, not as a Berserker ! Better, you still get your bonus.
You can then kill everything with your knife. Just use your HX-25 for Crawler (because they are resistant to slashing damage) and Siren (if you took the perk which decreases the damage from her scream of 40%, you can really go in its face, wait for her to stop screaming and kill it with one headshot of your HX-25).
I usually use this until Wave 3, get my RPG, stay as a Berserker for one more Wave, and then when I got enough monney, I go demo.

Hope it helps !

(of course, it works with every class, just get their knife at the beginning :))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Knife stuff

Works all the way up to HoE on the first 1-2 waves easily as long as you know how to melee fight properly. Especially Medic can farm easy money this way without wasting refill money.

Also if you want to be really hardcore you can spawn as any perk you like, clear wave 1 with any means necessary and then swap to Zerk. Then just kill everything up to Hans with the offperk knife. (Ofc you need to swap to better weapons for FP/Sc but you can still jab em a couple of times with the knife.)

Upvote 0
when reloading duals, press RMB when the mag is inside the left pistol. This will save you +2secs of reload time.
(*cough* exploit *cough*)

you cant ADS to cancel reload animation anymore (at least on duals, havent tried other guns yet) from wat I noticed but you can switch weapons and switch back which still saves some time (you can also just use the gun you swapped too)

quickdraw perk will probably help too

Last edited:
Upvote 0
you cant ADS to cancel reload animation anymore (at least on duals, havent tried other guns yet) from wat I noticed but you can switch weapons and switch back which still saves some time (you can also just use the gun you swapped too)

quickdraw perk will probably help too

They just fixed that in this most recent patch so it worked when he posted it.

You can melee bash to do it though, until that's removed too.

Upvote 0
You might be able to fight Hans exclusively in the wine cellar in Volter Manor. He gets discouraged from his perma-chase after a few laps around the shelves, at which point the knockdown/stumble cooldown is up and you can wail on him for a bit.

So far only worked with L25 Beserker. Gonna try it in MP to see if it works in a 6 player setting.

Patty is way too unpredictable for this strategy and his minions crowd the place anyway.

Upvote 0
all this is very interesting, is this sticked thread's dead? Or all has been said?
I put most if not all the tips in this thread in a Steam Guide quite a while ago to make maintaining it a bit easier.

You can find it in KF2 Guides with the name "Little Tips That Could Save Your Life" and it should pop up quite easily by searching "top rated all time".

Upvote 0
Tip of the day: As a Field Medic with Resilience perk you can drastically improve your armor durability by staying at 50 HP or below because damage dealt to armor (and health) calculated after taking skill bonus on account.

For example by taking 75 points of damage while having 175 armor and full HP you will loose 56 points of armor but when you have 50 or less HP the armor loss will only be 29.

Upvote 0
Another random tip, the weapon bash has two weapon powers assigned to it - stumble power and melee hit power.

Normaly stumble has highest priority over the melee hit. However if you bash, say, Scrake, due to its resistances the melee hit (a really short pause time) will occur first.

The point is that if you bash it for the 2nd time in a quick session you'll be able to actually stumble it.

There is breakpoint in the bash ROFs that defies whether Scrake will be stumbled after the 2nd bash or not. 9mm pistol (bash ROF - 80) is really good and always works well while Medic Pistol, for example, with the ROF of 60 barely allows you to achive such effect.

So pay attention to bash speed, extra stumble might help you eventually.

Upvote 0