• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fun Facts That Could Provide Useful

When Hans is in a clawy mood (turns orange, I think. Strikes a Wolverine pose)

YOU. CAN NOT. OUTRUN HIM. Not if he's already close enough that he's trying to leap at you, unless you have a shortcut you can take (like jumping down a ledge) to lose him.

Your best bet is to block him with a melee weapon until he gets bored of clawing and switches to a different mode. Failing that, damaging him enough may convince him to change tactics sooner.

you can parry him, making him stumble for a bit which will buy you enough time to run far enough.

he appears to stop meleeing after he has traveled a certain distance so keep backing up while blocking

with enough medics (and medic nades) a person can full on tank his melee attacks making Hans not use his other attacks, which makes him an easy target until he reaches his next stage (or dies)

Upvote 0
"Armament skill (lvl 10) for Medic works with every tick of the Medic Grenade, Which means that each tick will repair 2% Armor, all the way up to 20% total"

Medic's lvl 20 perk (vaccination) gives you an increase 9 Armor every tick (3 armor from Arm and 6 from Vacc for a total of 9). This works with heal grenades/heal darts. i giving people a full 50% armor back with me healing them. Very good after fights with SC's or FP's. Extremely helpful for Patriarch.

Upvote 0
the saw blades (projectile from eviscerator) will stumble a FP when you shoot its leg, even when it is raged (15s cd, this mean you have more CCs for FP :D although it would be more of an off-peak medic weapon if you have a lot of medics on your team)

if you release and reclick and hold during the last attack in a melee attack combo you will continue the combo (3 swings, release and reclick and hold on 3rd hit gets you 2 more swings, it's like the last swing of the first combo is the first swing of the next combo, can be done indefinitely)

Upvote 0
in multiple times i used EMP nades on raged FPs and Scrakes with no effect. Play in Suicidal and HoE.

More tips:
En HoE with a lvl 20 medic: leave a siren alive to equip your team with free armor.

Any tier1 gun touched by other player will be selled for 150 Dosh in the trader pod.

Next one its kind of exploit: drop your money and gun in hidden places and reconnect with console to earn more money. It can be done multiple times... well, yeah, its a exploit, sorry for that. never use it :eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1) Welding doors is more dangerous to the players than helpful in a situation where you need to leg it, as ZEDs seem to have a tendency to teleport away from behind the welded door and to the other side, and around the corner just ahead of you. Which means you just welded up your escape route and you are now surrounded. GG, eh?

Instead it can be more useful for the last one in the retreating group to just slam the door in the face of the chasing horde (just tap 'E' when running trough the door arch). This will buy the team a precious second to gain some extra distance, for reloading or healing. This will also keep the door usable for later, and as an added bonus stops Husks and Hans from shooting at you (they either have to wait for a zed to open it or walk up and open it themselves) for a little moment.

2) Support Frag grenades have a fairly large blast radius (level dependent?) and fire off shrapnel in all directions, making them extremely effective against any large group of soft, fleshy enemies as they will just tear everything in the range into shreds.

3) Berk (AKA Zerker) grenades are really only good for canceling out Scrake/FP Enrage, and also to prevent them from enraging. I think they need more than one grenade to achieve this effect though, probably 2 or 3 for an effective stasis effect, depending on difficulty and the target. For anything else the EMPs are not too great so they should be saved for real emergencies involving Scrakes and/or FleshPounds.

4) Commando HE grenades are most effective against Fleshpounds, and should not be wasted on Scrakes. This is because Fleshpounds take additional damage from Explosive damage and Scrakes take reduced damage.

5) Do not underestimate the T2 Bullpup as a secondary weapon. It has a large magazine, negligible recoil, both single fire and full auto modes, and can reliably and consistently score headshots even over long distances trough the holographic sight with very little recoil recovery time. Skilled commandos who rely on skillful aiming and headshot kills over raw damage output may prefer this over the AK-12.

6) As a Commando, and when dealing with a Scrake, make bloody damn sure your assault rifles are both fully reloaded and you have got some distance between yourself and it before the moment it decides to tear you a new one (this happens when his health is around 50% mark). Also, when you unload, do not reload but switch weapon instead to release a steady flow of lead into his face.

7) Any Veteran Commando worth their salt knows this but I will share this tip with the new recruits: Always, always, ALWAYS leave at least one round in the chamber before you reload. This will save you a *lot* of time reloading because you won't need to pull the hammer back. Trust me. That second you saved just saved your bacon over and over again.

HOWEVER... That last one (7) was not a perk-exclusive tip. It also works for many other perk weapons, not just Commando weapons.

Upvote 0
3) Berk (AKA Zerker) grenades are really only good for canceling out Scrake/FP Enrage, and also to prevent them from enraging. I think they need more than one grenade to achieve this effect though, probably 2 or 3 for an effective stasis effect, depending on difficulty and the target. For anything else the EMPs are not too great so they should be saved for real emergencies involving Scrakes and/or FleshPounds.

EMPs stop all special abilities. Sirens don't scream, husks don't shoot, etc.

1 EMP works on everything except the fleshpound which takes 2.

Upvote 0
It is inconsistent on Scrakes starting from suicidal. at times it takes 2 EMPs to electrocute Scrake so he would stop raging.

1 EMP will do the trick all the way up to HoE. Multiple EMPs in a short span of time have their effect greatly reduced, since Scrakes and Fleshpounds (at least) grow up a withering resistance to the stun effect.

Upvote 0
I probably shouldn't post this here, but I see too many people doing this even on higher difficulties, so here goes nothing:

DO NOT SHOOT THE HEADLESS BLOAT!
These guys have TONS of health, and when you blow their head off - they'll just bleed out and die eventually themselves, and this will most probably happen faster than you can reduce their HP to 0 with your weapon anyway, so you're just wasting your bullets!

Which leads me to the second tip:

TAG HEADLESS ENEMIES WITH 1 SHOT!
When you see a headless enemy walking around in it's last moment before it'll fall to the ground, and you have nothing to do with it lacking it's head, then just shoot it 1 time with any of your class weapons (the one with the cheapest ammo, better). Why would you do that? You will get FULL experience from this enemy's death when it finally bleeds out!

I tag everything to get EXP. Especially headless bloats that my team mates have shot. You only need to hit it once to get EXP.

Upvote 0
Despite the fact that Commando's HE grenade does more damage than Support's Frag Grenade, it will still be having shorter OSK range (range where it does 100+ pts. of damage). Due to different damage falloff function.

Commando nade:

Support nade:

Red sphere is OSK range (without Support's bonus), Yellow is total range.

Even more Support get damage bonus for his grenades.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
-the flamethrower does most of its damage when it hits the zed with the afterburn doing little damage afterwards (unlike in kf1)

-the initial burst when you shoot the flamethrower does more damage than the continuous flame afterwards, meaning its does more damage if you just rapidly click you mouse (like a semi-automatic) than it is to hold down the fire button

(took me more than one clip to kill a SC on solo hard by holding down and only 65 ammo by rapidly clicking)

Upvote 0
5) Do not underestimate the T2 Bullpup as a secondary weapon. It has a large magazine, negligible recoil, both single fire and full auto modes, and can reliably and consistently score headshots even over long distances trough the holographic sight with very little recoil recovery time. Skilled commandos who rely on skillful aiming and headshot kills over raw damage output may prefer this over the AK-12.

6) As a Commando, and when dealing with a Scrake, make bloody damn sure your assault rifles are both fully reloaded and you have got some distance between yourself and it before the moment it decides to tear you a new one (this happens when his health is around 50% mark). Also, when you unload, do not reload but switch weapon instead to release a steady flow of lead into his face.

5) Skilled commandos who rely on skillful aiming get high accuracy with the AK-12 which has a very nice red dot sight and excellent handling if you fire in controlled bursts from a crouched stance. I've given up on the Bullpup AND the SCAR because the AK-12 is so effective. I play mostly on Hard though so your experience may vary.

6) As for Scraking, I've come to the conclusion that you're just burning your ammo using Commando weapons on them... unless you're bad-*** enough to consistently land 20-odd headshots in a row. You're better off evading and doing trash cleanup. If the Scrake insists on dancing, then dodge sideways (or parry if you're hardcore), and follow up with the circle dance. I find the Double barreled shotgun the most cost effective way of finishing the Scrake this way, even though it's off perk, since all you need to do is keep Alt-firing the broadside of the Scrakes backside.

Upvote 0