• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fun Facts That Could Provide Useful

Yay me! And you guys. I will expand it with map thingies and more about perks after I've slept.

[url]http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=425843240[/URL]

If you could rate it up so people can see it, I'd appreciate it. (Do so only if you think it's good though)

you did not add the most vital info that seeimhly nobody i ever come across on pubs knows....

FP: takes extremely high damage from explosives

chucking all those 5 grenades on double FPs that spawn (usually together) lets you almost solo both of them even as commando

Upvote 0
you did not add the most vital info that seeimhly nobody i ever come across on pubs knows....

FP: takes extremely high damage from explosives

chucking all those 5 grenades on double FPs that spawn (usually together) lets you almost solo both of them even as commando

It's in the Perk section, but I can notify it in the Zed section too.

Ps. This is still incomplete, I decided I had to stop when it was 03:00am :3

Upvote 0
It's in the Perk section, but I can notify it in the Zed section too.

Ps. This is still incomplete, I decided I had to stop when it was 03:00am :3

it doesnt have much to do with perks...the logical thing is to put it in FP section

and I assume fire still does more damage to bloats and scrakes possibly take less damage from explosives...but not sure about those

Upvote 0
If you're close to the person Hans is draining (probably because you're trying to heal them) when the animations ends, you may inadvertantly cause him to throw a gas grenade at his feet, hitting both you and the person he drained. His AI seems designed to give the person he drained a little breathing room to heal, but that doesn't mean he's not targeting other players at the same time. And he usually likes to throw grenades after the drain anyways.

So if you're not hitting someone with the healer while they're still being drained, it's probably best not to try at all. Especially on higher difficulties where all his animations are quicker, and there's less of a delay between the end of the life drain and whatever he does next.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the 2% of armament will always round up, so if you have 103 max armor is will restore 3 armor and at 151 max armor it will give 4

EDIT: since the latest patch it appears not to always round up, unsure if it rounds to nearest whole value or is always rounds down (lvl 10 medic or 130 armor would round up to 3 armor a proc if it rounds to closest whole value or restores 2 armor if it always rounds down) *need someone to confirm*

as of now 151 max armor only gives 3 armor an armament proc

Upvote 0
was watching a stream of a lvl 25 medic and other devs, the vaccine perk seems to double your armor (at least doubles your armor gained from armament) not sure if you can make an over shield (restore armor past the normal cap)

just learned some more stuff.

-you cant heal pass the normal max armor (100 for most classes, 100-175 for medic) so it seems vaccine gives a buff that doubles armament perk.
-despite some similarities hans gas nades are not the same damage type as bloat bile (so bloat bile resist doesnt apply to them)

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
bloats and husks can hurt their allies with their bile and fire attacks, if the zed hit is close enough they will turn and attack the bloat/husk (at least clots, cyst, slashers, and not raged gorefast) this also is helpful as the husk's flamethrower attack can clear lots of weak nearby zeds. (can also rage SC given enough time)

closing doors on zeds slow them down (mainly raged FP, raged SC, and Hans) because they pause briefly when running to wait for the door to open (it is VERY brief)

un-raged zeds (not Hans) will take a step back to avoid nades that land in front of them (un-raged meaning almost anything not running at you/teammates) lets you make greater distance from a FP that just finished raging and to extend the non-rage portain of a SC if timed properly (they wont try to avoid nades mid-attack obviously)

try not to heal yourself when the trader opens up, as you do not get medic exp for self-healing, rather heal other people on your team or let the medic on the team patch everyone up for some extra exp.

you can sprint backwards (amazing how useful this is when you get the hang of it. ex. bashing a raged SC chasing you that is about to hit you) you can also shoot while sprinting (shooting will stop the sprint but after you stop shooting you will resume sprinting like normal, useful for clearing zeds blocking your way)

that blue cloud(medic nade) heals you (can not stress this enough, played with a couple berserkers that tried to tank FP/SC outside the 3 medic nade cloud and died)

in early parts of a wave, self heal when you have time (even when you are only missing like 5 hp) to reduce the burden on medics (and so their darts dont lock you instead of the guy with like 20 hp left :mad:)

when running from a SC/FP try running to someone running at you (usually a berserker/medic) as this will pass aggro when they block the FP/SC path (and if they are running at you they are probably trying to take aggro off you anyways)

you can outrun raged SC/FP attacks (at least in solo on a medic/berserker) meaning they will swing/jump at you and miss because you ran out of range of the attack.

the first shot you shoot(after not shooting for a bit) usually has 100% accuracy even when sprinting (useful for sprint sniping, ex. sprinting forward, shoot while still moving forward, sprint a bit more, shoot again, repeat. <- useful when you have a good sense of where your gun aims or if *cringes* you use a cross-hair)

zeds will sidestep to avoid the husk's fireball (even saw a raged FP do this once)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is also important to know, that your melee attacks won't hit the center of the screen if a Zed is at point blank infront of you. That means you need to aim much higher up to score headshots or need to move back a bit. From what I could test the "breaking point" for hitting in the middle of the screen seems to be around the distance from the clot grab. This is most notable when using the Evicerator and the Krovel backwards-shlash, as they come from down below.

Upvote 0
Nice list, good work.

An addtion to 6th.

As a Berserker, you can easily outsmart a Scrake by circling around it to avoid getting hit.

Writing the whole evade mechanics here I've discovered would be too long, though.

I found out about this too, but forgot about it lol. I'll add this, but hope that Scrakes and Hans eventually get a Patriarch "Lumberjacks" attack on harder difficulties.

Upvote 0