• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fullscreen off-center in Linux

ciphercore

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 20, 2012
Hi,

I just installed KF via Steam for linux. When I change the video res to my monitors native 1920x1080, KF appears off-center. It seems like it is trying to center itself between my two monitors.

I have dual monitors. Main is 1920x1080 and secondary is 1360x768 (3280x1080).

Does anyone have any ideas how to get fullscreen properly centered on my main monitor ?

Attachments

• Screenshot - 12-12-20 - 11:49:01 AM.jpg
    Screenshot - 12-12-20 - 11:49:01 AM.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 0
I have the same problem. Full screen for dual monitors results in the image being centred between both of the monitors. It's unplayable.

The only workout around I have found for this is by disabling the second monitor when I start Killing Floor. This is a pretty poor workaround though, but at least I can play the game.

If I play in windowed mode with my native 1920x1080 set the menu buttons are pushed off the screen as the game resizing doesn't take into consideration the launcher bar, the Ubuntu menu bar and the games own window border resulting in the total dimensions being greater than 1920x1080 and hence all the bottom of the game (including the game selection buttons) are outside of the usable workspace.

Ideally I would like to play in full screen windowed mode, or at least have full screen only on my primary monitor.

I'm running Ubuntu 13.04 with an ATI R6950 graphics card.

If anyone has found a fix for this bug please let me know. I'm trying not to have to reinstall windows:p

Thanks!

Upvote 0
This is exactly my issue and is still happening.

I am running Ubuntu 12.04, with ATI Open Source drivers.

It will run in the middle of the two screens.

If I change the resolution, and it will disable my primary monitor #0

I am not sure if this is an SDL issue or a Killing Floor issue.

Is this known?

Upvote 0