• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Full Locamotion Please.

Exptediter

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 16, 2015
After playing Onward VR , I have come to realize that this game MUST have full locomotion ! It is so much fun running around in Onward, I always imagine what it would be like to kill hoards of zeds when I play. Onward has the largest active player base in a VR game right now, if you check steam it is the most played VR game out there and it has zero options for teleporting. Killing floor Incursion needs to incorporate full locomotion and onward is a good example why. If you can find a way to incorporate full locomotion to be playable with the teleporting crowd that works as well but please make sure you have the option for full.

I cannot wait for this game now, i hope you consider releasing it as an early access soon!!! I'm sure if this game plays similar to KF2 but in VR you will have a hit!

PS. please consider a beta test and if so , shoot me a msg :) ( guys gotta try)

*My old account with incorrect name was not deleted. This is my account.

Anyways. Oculus forums has a petition Requesting to make this ( and a few other games) full locomotion.( 80 replies so far)

Arizona sunshine had a lot of people complaining there was no way to move other than teleport. Once they added full locomotion the reviews went up. This game is my number one hyped game for VR but if the only way to move is teleport I will be incredibly disappointed.

when Robo recall came out it took less then 10 hours for a full locomotion mod to come out and that thread has 221 replies and counting of people exited and wishing it was officially in the game.

**** Ps. Paranormal activity just came out and people blew up over the fact that there locomotion was coupled to the HMD. IF you do full locomotion and want to avoid a **** storm don't couple the movment to where the player is looking like in a flat monitor style game). Make the movement independent of the head. ONWARD uses where the controller is facing and that works 10x better than where the hmd is facing (although it's still not perfect)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Agreed, I came here to say the EXACT same thing. Onward really set the standard when it comes to movement in VR. Any game that takes the teleportation route really is taking a huge leap backwards. You can make teleportation an option for those who are prone to motion sickness, perhaps, but Onward-style locomotion NEEDS to be available. Locomotion could easily be the factor that makes or breaks the game for many players, myself included.

Please don't stick with teleportation. It just wouldn't be Killing Floor without locomotion.

Upvote 0
There is an experimental free movement mode shipping with the game. It works well for those that don't get motion sick by free movement in VR. Teleporting is used as a gameplay mechanic though, so there will be places that you will use teleporting along side free movement if you use that mode.

Upvote 0
I guess damage is done and it was designed to be a concrete foot shooter where you hit waves of zombies until they are dead. I bought Arizona late after they got their wasd but I could not imagine how frustrating and unimmersive that would be to run with teleport. Serious Sam is a great example they have the old games converted and it works brilliant. Then they have fusion designed for VR where you can´t move in a serious known for it´s pace??? Just wow in wrong thinking. But so many developers seem to think you can´t move in VR due to motion sickness symptoms just because your regular body don´t move. But we have a brain and it can adapt and with time understand what is happening besides the possibility to have aids like shrinking fov and slide teleport.

That said I managed to have fone with some concrete foot shooters like robo recall and superhot VR. Though these are good on having you keep on your toes and move around a little anyway. Superhot is about minimal movements though so it´s a special case but Robo Recall should be more fun be able to move around :)

My idea is that those that have incurable motion sickness won´t be running VR for long so why should games be primarly designed for guys that always will hate VR?

I hate to speculate though will there be a demo :)

Upvote 0
Kittenmittens;n2302058 said:
There is an experimental free movement mode shipping with the game. It works well for those that don't get motion sick by free movement in VR. Teleporting is used as a gameplay mechanic though, so there will be places that you will use teleporting along side free movement if you use that mode.

Can you describe what the locomotion is like ? I am HOPING it is not attached to the HMD. Having movement direction attached to HMD is is one of the reason devs think free locomotion causes sickness because that method is quite disorienting. In a game like killing floor I'm sure the players will be looking around A LOT it would be a shame if you were being jerked around every time you looked in a different direction.

edit: also I wanted to say thanks for listening to the vr community.

Last edited:
Upvote 0