• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Full Body Awareness for the 1st person view

You could also look down and see blood collecting in your uniform from a hit in the chest or legs, since it's now possible to bleed out in Heroes of Stalingrad.

There would be a lot of neat things to do with this kind of feature, but it would be a lot of work.

One thing that keeps standing out for me is making sure what you see relates to what other players see. Like when you look down and see yourself behind something, other players should be able to note the same thing.

Upvote 0
In Operation Flashpoint and ArmA, this is accomplished by using the exact same model for third person as for first person, so you can see exactly where you are in the environment by looking down at yourself. The only downside is that your weapon in your hands is not as high quality as if it were a dedicated first person model.
I believe Vegas has the same exact model for the first and third person model and they have fairly detailed weapons and reloading animations.

Upvote 0
The game with the best full body awereness is mirrors edge in my opinion, maybe that game only shows arms and legs, but if that works there then that would definitely work for rohos.

I like the 2 stagedness of 3rd person animations and 1st person animations and models as it allows for more details.

However if only 3rd person animations would need to be made then maybe that would actually be a lower workload. dunno.

Upvote 0
That should be just perfect. As long as the detailed animations are the same.
It could save a lot of development time aswell.

Well I think animations can have LOD versions too. I mean, not really much point in being able to see how the player moves his thumb while inserting a new magazine if you're 200 meters from him.

Upvote 0
"Pushing back release date?", I guess we can accept that. I bet we all want to get the darn best WWII shooter seen on the gaming market. RO 2 shall tell Call of Duty and MoH series to shred! This is something I really wish. The age of arcade shall be other. Therefore we need realism, not just in weapons, their design and their behaviour, but also in human aspects. FBA is something that actually now WWII shooter has yet, except the short time you're parachuting in Airborne. We want this to be fulltime!

Get in FBA!

Upvote 0