• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Full auto firing modes for tier 3 AR15 and tier 4 Famas Masterkey

Sraigius

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 22, 2022
My idea is super simple but very effective for providing a nice buff for these two weapons, to make them more appealing and more in-line with other assault rifles.
The majority of us can agree that AR15 is a weapon that is completely unworthy of upgrading or keeping for later waves, especially on suicidal/HOE. My idea is replacing the burst firing mode of tier 3 AR15 into a full auto mode, simple as that. Tier 1 and tier 2 AR15 would still remain with their burst fire and single shot modes, but tier 3, tier 4 and tier 5 AR15 would have FULL AUTO or SINGLE SHOT modes, burst fire will be gone and replaced with full auto instead. This will allow for more comfortable, more careful usage of ammunition and it will provide the much needed comfortability that the weapon is lacking.

Same goes for famas masterkey. Tier 3 Famas would still be burst fire only, however upgrading it into tier 4 and tier 5 would replace the burst fire with full auto.
I know that you guys from tripwire completely abandoned the plans for improving upgrade system and thrown any further overhauls for it into the garbage bin, but at the very least - make some minor but meaningful improvements, such as for these few underpowered weapons! Thanks!

EDIT:
side note. Reduce the weight of MKB 42 from 7 kg down to 6 kg, the weapon is undoubtedly worse than hmtech 401, then why in the world does it weigh 7 kilograms, when it's not even remotely as good as it? Especially when AK12 (at six kilograms) performs better at killing big enemies, meanwhile hmtech 401 provides a valuable utility for the team's survival (healing darts)?

Reactions: helvis
"The majority of us can agree that AR15 is a weapon that is completely unworthy of upgrading or keeping for later waves, especially on suicidal/HOE"

Absolutely not. Actually, it's a surprisingly disgusting DMR. As long as you can score headshots, an upgraded AR-15 is almost as efficient as the M14 EBR.

The FAMAS is equally meaty. Only a few bursts to the head will be enough to decap a Scrake if you're of a high enough level.

And finally, why compare the MKb42 and the HMtech401, when they're not even in the same tier? It is true, however, that there's no reason for it to be heavier than the AK12.

Seriously my friend, part of the appeal and "flavor" of the various assault rifles is PRECISELY because not all of them are full-auto. That'd just make the whole arsenal much duller.

Upvote 0
Absolutely not. Actually, it's a surprisingly disgusting DMR. As long as you can score headshots, an upgraded AR-15 is almost as efficient as the M14 EBR.
Even when unupgraded, the AR-15 can be a competent medium killer with its three round burst in cases where you need to buy a Tier 2 weapon, cuz not all waves will play out the way you want them to. If you have a bullpup or tommy gun, the AR-15 can play a completely different role from just being a trash cleaner

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0
Even when unupgraded, the AR-15 can be a competent medium killer with its three round burst in cases where you need to buy a Tier 2 weapon, cuz not all waves will play out the way you want them to. If you have a bullpup or tommy gun, the AR-15 can play a completely different role from just being a trash cleaner
I know ! And it took me YEARS to figure it out ! For some reason, I really didn't like that it wasn't full auto and discarded it as soon as I could for my beloved trusty SA-80 (which I already loved with a passion in KF1 when it saved my bacon as I found it randomly on a map)

But I'm currently on a KF2 revival as I try again EVERY weapon in the game (in solo, don't want to be a nuisance to other players !) , and I used the AR-15 the whole game, upgrading as I go. ****, that thing is clearly underrated.

Upvote 0