• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Front of a Panzer IV is the Weakest place

Lemonater47

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2014
Which is beyond silly.

Tested this out lots on a campaign server on bridges. Germans attacking. Drove my tank onto the bridge and I had 10 seconds to live. They fire down low hitting the transmission and drive shaft killing half the crew and then hitting the ammo. They can also damage the engine from the front hitting that massive frontal plate that's seems to be made of cardboard. 3/4 AT riflemen were level 99.

However when I reversed onto the bridge They could barely scratch me. No real weak spots on the rear for an AT rifle and the front of the turret was facing me. People called me an idiot at first but all their AT rifle shots bounced off. It's also really hard to actually hit the turret ring of a panzer IV from the back when the turret is pointing backwards as well. Did it twice and it took them ages to kill me the first time and the second time artillery got me.

So yeah fix the frontal plate of the panzer IV. The lowest one down.

Your guide doeant show a blue 1-3 shot kill area on it. Onto a red area. A smaller red area that you have to hit on a particular angle. The turret was facing the Rear so no luck shooting that either.

Reversing onto the bridge was the right thing to do. Because far less could kill me.

And looking at your inages reversing on as a T-34 looks benificial as well lol.

Upvote 0
Well this is an old discussion, but there was alot of talk because the Russian level 90 guys were using German anti rifles. The german one does more damage, and uses tungsten core.(haha Azz)For better damage against the t34. But the level 90 guys use the German one and it just recks the panzers. Unless they fixed it, and I didn't knowXD

Upvote 0
It's not a bug it's a design decision. lol There's also the actual bug where using a PZB enables you to shoot through the main vertical front plate too. I figure the PIV being a sieve helps balance out the OP hipshooting mg's..... :D

Anyway, that little strip on the back is not a guaranteed one shot kill, so I didn't make it blue, but if often is. And if not, usually just a handful of shots will do the job.

maybe you could make a guide for against anti tank rifles?

Nah, just think about your weak points and position yourself appropriately. Most AT gunners will only know about the major ones anyway. Backing in is a decent idea, but keep in mind that the front and rear of the PIV are vulnerable from any angle, but the side ONLY from 90 degrees. You can kill it hitting the turret, but it's hard unless the tanker is an idiot and drives up close.

There's a Russian tanker, Lion, who is very, very good at positioning himself so you can only hit his turret and his side at an angle. It'd be harder initially on Bridges since the field of fire is so wide, but this is the most effective strategy I've seen against AT rifles.

The german one does more damage, and uses tungsten core.

Nope, tungsten core is long gone. The rounds do have slightly different hardnesses though, which for the most part make it harder to use against your owns side tanks. Soft rounds against soft armor and hard rounds against hard armor aren't as effective.

Last edited:
Upvote 0