• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Friends can't join my lan server.

Zensuu

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 24, 2013
Friends can't join my serverperks server while all of my mods are active. When I host it, it plays just fine but no one can join. These friends have my exact game files, so they have all of the mods I have installed. Is there some mods that are incompatible with multiplayer? If so is there a way to weed these mods out so I can play with friends again? The only issue is with custom weapons and characters inputted into the serverperks.ini.

I figured out that the problem was actually a limit in how many mods I can have activated in server perks, once I add over a certain amount, no one can join my game. Is there any way to get past this limit?
Nope. Unless you count extracting and recompiling a bunch of mods together so they take up less packages, it's a limitation of the decade+ old game engine. Probably not worth it at this point honestly.

Upvote 0
There is other way to solve the problem.

SE version is the same thing with config.
Code:
[NetReduceSE.NetReduceSE]
 ExcludeMods=KFMapEndTextures
 ExcludeMods=KFStoryGame_Tex
 ExcludeMods=KF_Weapons3rd_Trip
 ExcludeMods=KF_Weapons3rd_Trip_T
 ExcludeMods=KillingFloor2HUD
 ExcludeMods=KillingFloorHUD
 ExcludeMods=Pier_T
 ExcludeMods=Props_ObjectiveMode

Thank you for the NetReduceSE link; that helps. I literally spent days downloading every single decent/non game breaking Killing Floor mod to put in my game so I could play them with friends. I've already put so much work into collecting these mods. I have around 1000 packages I would like to load on a multiplayer server. I would honestly be willing to recompile most of these packages in order to get a working server with these mods. I love this game very much and am not so willing to give up. I wish that tripwire would just remove the server package limit but if they won't could someone please supply a link to the information I need to extract and recompile these mods into a smaller amount of packages?

Upvote 0