• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Free RO Trial?

Why dose valve do this with every ROOST patch? all they do is make us deal with huge ammounts of Noobs, and Tking punk 12 year olds for weeks on end till they get sick of the game and leave.

Valve doesn't do it, Tripwire does it. And we do it because these "noobs" that you speak of are the poeple that buy the game and keep Tripwire in business, keep my family fed, and keep FREE updates rolling out. And poeple are absolutely right we do it to keep the game selling, keep it alive, and keep it growing.

Upvote 0
I hope that there will be plenty of servers updated then or people will find lots of slow downloading servers :X. Thinking they just run custom maps.

Well Noobish people aside you can bet your Bolt Action rifle that that at least the TWI servers will be updated and ready to go the moment the patch is out. Not only that they will most likely be full too! Thats what happened last patch. We got 50 player servers and the offical dev servers where full for about 4 months in a row till people started to branch out to other servers. It says on the site that it all starts at 9AM PST. Mabe they will release the patch with the free trial. Not a good idea IMHO as it will place a major ammount of people DLing all at one time of day. Still alot of the adults will be at work by then.

BTW this may sound like a realy dumb question but when dose 9AM PST start in Central time?

Upvote 0
While I really hate dealing with the influx of, for want of a better word, retards, most of whom use the free time to deliberately wreak havoc and nothing more, I still support the free trials. The more people that are exposed to the game, the bigger the community will become and at the moment, bigger is still better. It keeps the game alive and highlights just how big this realism "niche" really is. It's only a niche because realism fans don't know about it.

Not to mention that it builds interest and funding in the next game. And I guess as Ramm mentioned, it pays for all those free updates that people keep getting. Personally I think we've already gotten more than enough and it absolutely astounds me to see the number of ingrates on these boards complaining that there should be more, more, more, all for free. Considering that TWI quite possibly hold the record for the most additional post-release content from any game company ever (excepting MMO's, where you pay for the content every month anyway), I think we've already had our money's worth many times over.

Upvote 0