• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Free head movement/ Track IR support ever?

Ossius

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
I've been playing War Thunder and ARMA 3, but I realized the one game I really want this free looking support for is Red Orchestra 2. I know its very late and seeing any revolutionary changes like a Free look system ALA ARMA series is a long shot, but I think it would be very beneficial IMO to the series.

Killing floor 2 would benefit GREATLY from being able to cover a door with your gun while looking at other entrances for any sneaky mutants.

I was just playing around with this *FREE* Track IR type system using no equipment other than a standard webcam. (http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/home/default.htm) and I'm nerding out over the immersive feeling I'm getting in ARMA 3 and War thunder just turning my head to look around. Being able to hold CTRL or something and move your mouse to independently move your head without turning your body when you are laying still as a MG or sniper would be wonderful to hide your position.

Last edited:
:)

I have a Track IR device. This is a feature I had hoped might materialize in RO2 at some point. But you never know how well or poorly it might interact with the game mechanics. I actually found it to be annoying in flight sims, and gave up on it. In RO2, I would have track IR in full operation when the character was in motion upright, but never operational while in iron sight mode.

Upvote 0
:)

I have a Track IR device. This is a feature I had hoped might materialize in RO2 at some point. But you never know how well or poorly it might interact with the game mechanics. I actually found it to be annoying in flight sims, and gave up on it. In RO2, I would have track IR in full operation when the character was in motion upright, but never operational while in iron sight mode.
That because your a bad pilot.

Upvote 0
It's been a while but I gave RO2 a go again and found it pretty nauseating after playing so much Arma and other games exclusive to TrackIR. I have to now get used to looking where I aim at all times as I keep trying to turn my head.

I must say that getting TrackIR working and white-listing the Immersion Overhaul mod is my #1 wish for this game. RS/RO2 is the kind of game that begs for TrackIR support.

Last edited:
Upvote 0