• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Free Fall Booster Pack - Change log

Good work Devs I cant wait to try out the PzIV H as well as the other exiting addtions or changes!!!!

angelangel said:
I would sure as hell like to see the Stug IV with side skirts next!

The Stug III F/8 in game should have side skirts (fitted in 1943) and the Stug III G which was alot one common than the Stug IV also has skirts and an Mg-34 as well as a commander's cuploa although the Stug IV is alot more numerous than the Stug III F/8.
The Pz III L in game should also have side skirts after 1943 espeically on Hedgehog which takes place in 1944!:)
Drguppy said:
Meh, EA patches are still better
blasphemy!!
A pox on you!
-lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey, good work putting together the trailer, too! It's very exciting to watch, not only a good trailer for the booster, but an excellent promo for the game in general. I have one technical question, though: were the situations shown in the trailer scripted, or spontaneous? I loved the scene where the German MG is mowing down Russians, and the shot where all the tanks fire in rapid succession (I could only think alas that we can't get teamwork that good in online pickup games). Oh...and I never heard screams like that (that last shot in Basovka with the artillery was cool!) in the game before, is that what you hinted at by the additional sound credits? ?

Although I was enjoying the game without noticing many of the issues fixed here, I am happy to see all of the fixes, especially armor hit detection improvements and the iron sights diving thing (dang it ticked me off whenever I saw that). Long Live RO:OST!

Am I the only one who is a little leery about the greatly increased view distances gumming up my framerates on all the inevitable long-range custom maps that are going to crop up? I know there will be no effect on existing standard maps... but hopefully all will be well, because it would be fun to see that little tank/dot in the distance with a thread of smoke coming up from it, and to sometimes have to dial the range finder up over 1000!

Upvote 0
Nah, I actually think that most folks will start to figure out (especially as longer range tank maps come out) that all the stuff we've been doing on the official maps has been close combat -- ranges where the Tiger COULD be penetrated (depending on specifics of the engagement). People just can be kind of inaccurate about guessing range. "OMG!! I got a 1000m kill!" -- most of the time it's closer to like 700. Which is still a good shot, but it illustrates that people don't guage range quite right, and thus assume that the Tiger's too vulnerable.

What this WILL solve is the Tiger v. T34/76 engagements where the Tiger fires a head-on shot from relatively short (<500m) range and gets a ricochet off an enemy where it should've penetrated.

Upvote 0
I can't adjust the zoom on my sniper scope anymore?... wow. Gay. I used adjust my scope depending on the range I was at. I don't know why I'm complaining though. It's more realistic, because what kind of real sniper would adjust his scope to range? *sarcasm*

Le sigh.

You can still change this in the Configuration menu. The reason why they took this out (was never really intended to be changeable in-game anyways) was that it would cause graphical glitches. Some of these glitches included rapidly switching between the three modes to gain wall-hack like advantages through certain objects. In the end it wasn't worth the bug threads, exploits, glitches, etc. to keep it in the game so they removed it. Is that unreasonable? :confused:

Upvote 0