• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Free Fall Booster Pack - Change log

Many modifications/improvements to the infantry carried machine gun functionality. MGs are now quite a bit more accurate, with less recoil. MG34 single fire mode is much more accurate.

YAY!

Fixed the tank cannons firing blanks under certain lag related conditions.

YAY!

Fixed firing blanks if the player pressed the fire button either during or very shortly after a prone transition.

YAY!

Fixed the tank cannons firing blanks under certain lag related conditions.

For the love of God and all that is Holy---YAY!!!!

- Tweaks to the vehicle hit detection to more precisely determine the angle the shell hits the armor at.

- Tweaks to the vehicle hit detection system to more precisely determine which side a shell hits the tank on.

Before I say YAY, I'd like to see some elaboration on this.

- Fixed a hit detection issue where tank shells hitting the front of the SU-76 Turret area would incorrectly be detected as rear or side hits, resulting in shots not penetrating when they should.

Interesting, why would a rear or side hit be more likely to deflect a shot than a frontal shot?

Added enhancements to the game engine to allow for MUCH longer view distances. Previously, the engine was limited to view distances of just over 1,000 meters.

Alright, who's up for some Orel?!

I look forward to the patch!

Upvote 0
- Tweaks to the vehicle hit detection to more precisely determine the angle the shell hits the armor at.

- Tweaks to the vehicle hit detection system to more precisely determine which side a shell hits the tank on.

Before I say YAY, I'd like to see some elaboration on this.

- Fixed a hit detection issue where tank shells hitting the front of the SU-76 Turret area would incorrectly be detected as rear or side hits, resulting in shots not penetrating when they should.

Interesting, why would a rear or side hit be more likely to deflect a shot than a frontal shot?
The issue was that the hit detection sometimes picked up as a side hit, when it was actually on a front face. This gave strange angles - straight on to the FRONT face would be pretty much an impossible glancing blow to the side face.

Upvote 0
- Many modifications/improvements to the infantry carried machine gun functionality. MGs are now quite a bit more accurate, with less recoil. MG34 single fire mode is much more accurate.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!
It was just today that I was moaning about the crappy accuracy of the MG34 single fire mode compared to what people said it should be. Thank you! Also, I hope the MG42 and 34 are like you say, more accurate, less recoil - so much so that I can notice it. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0