• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Frametime spikes at 60 second intervals

kililol

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2014
I have noticeable and clearly periodical frametime spikes (most of them circled in the Afterburner screenshot) on the latest version of the game. For this screenshot I was running around on an empty server running Hue City, but this does not depend on the map. The yellow dotted line is on top of the last periodical spike before I quit the game. Running fresh config files for the screenshot, only modifications done through the options menu. Framerate limited to 62 via RTSS, framerate smoothing would introduce unnecessary noise to the graph. Disabling antivirus has no effect and other games (UE4 or not) do not exhibit similar behaviour.

I don't remember having this problem when I last played this game a few months ago (otherwise the same setup but a r9 280x for the GPU) but I can't say for sure. At least it was nowhere as noticeable. I still have that card too, but I really don't feel like re-installing it just out of curiosity. I "fixed" seemingly the exact same problem in RO2 (it had only one periodical spike, though) years ago by raising TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects in ROEngine.ini from 60 seconds to 600, but here that has no effect. Yes I noticed there are two of the entries.

Umm, how am I supposed to provide the attachements when I am "not authorized to create or remove attachments"?

If at all possible could you do something for us? I would like you to enable the game's log and then send that to us. There maybe something in there that could help figure out the issue.
  • To do so, go to your Steam library and right click on Rising Storm 2
  • Go to Properties > General > Set Launch Options
  • In the field enter:
    -log
  • Click OK and launch the game.
  • Now when you open RS2 a log window should also appear.
  • Play the game so that the hitching, or spikes occur.
  • Once you've played for a while exit the game.
  • Go to Documents\My Games\Rising Storm 2\ROGame\Logs
In the logs folder there should be a text file titled launch. Once you locate that file please send it our way. That can be done by email or just dropping the file onto a file sharing site and posting the URL.

Upvote 0