• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Frame rate is keep dropping while firing DragonsBreath and etc...

duk6046

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
Category: Effects

Reproducibility: Always

Summary: Frame rate is keep dropping during one game and does not rise again.

Description: I've already figured out the cause, there are problems with the following two effects

ImpactEffects=KFImpactEffectInfo'WEP_DragonsBreath_ARCH.DragonsBreath_bullet_impact'

ExplosionEffects=KFImpactEffectInfo'FX_Impacts_ARCH.Explosions.Medic_Perk_Explosion'
(used for my custom weapon)

Online/Offline: tested online, KF2 v1131

Last edited:
This issue happens sometimes, it affects gpu utilization, it reduces fps in all subsequent matches. The only way around it is to exit the game to desktop, and relaunch the game. I don't know exactly what causes it, but once it's activated it forces the game to run extremely poorly, and the game engine begins to get laggy.
You can tell it is activated when the gpu utilization is at 100% but the fps is very low, and gets lower as waves go on.

Upvote 0
What about this line you wrote at the very beginning?

"ExplosionEffects=KFImpactEffectInfo'FX_Impacts_ARCH.Explosions.Medic_Perk_Explosion' (used for my custom weapon)"
Trench gun shouldn't have medic related fx applied to it... You sure you're not running a modded gun?
If you can re-create the issue with the game running stock (aka no mods) then it's a bug, otherwise you might have a mod conflict.

Upvote 0
What about this line you wrote at the very beginning?

Trench gun shouldn't have medic related fx applied to it... You sure you're not running a modded gun?
If you can re-create the issue with the game running stock (aka no mods) then it's a bug, otherwise you might have a mod conflict.
Tested as vanilla dragons breath and it's a another weapon (A.K.A toxic bore), problems with both effects each.
If only the effect is changed to flare gun effect from dragons breath effect, there is no problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ServerExt, HardModeBoss, UnofficialMod etc... but these mods have no directly related code with that weapon, other weapons are all fine, strange issue.
Did you test on Dedicated Server? it seems maybe a custom trader or network code issue...
If you remove mods and play without any custom material, does the issue occur? QA will not load mods, they only test vanilla KF2.

Upvote 0
Can confirm this bug is happening on console as well. Ps4. Only ever since the last update. Once a medic buff is applied the game will slowly lower frame rate, the more zeds that are active. Game is unplayable at this state. Its not a pc issue as there is an open thread made by another console user on the subreddit.
Game is installed on ps4 HD not external. Not having this issue with any other games.

Upvote 0