• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fragging

Bluehawk

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 13, 2006
Hamilton, ON
Since nebulous concepts such as banzai charges have been implemented as overt game mechanics, why not find a way to portray that semi-mythical frontier justice that supposedly plagued the US Army in Vietnam, known as "fragging"?

If a team leader or squad leader is particularly bad at his job, his subordinates should be able to teamkill him without penalty, perhaps after passing a secret vote of which the TL/SL is unaware. Upon killing him, the offending player would be informed that he was fragged and then the role he was playing would open up, and he would be locked out from selecting it for some set amount of time, maybe five minutes. The team would still lose a respawn ticket, or maybe several, to punish them for needing to remove a troublesome commander in such a heinous way.

At first I thought I would hate this thread, but there have been some REALLY bad TL's and SL's in games that I've played. So if the spot were to open up after a purposeful/voted on team kill, I'd be all for it.

In books about units in the later half of the war fragging is talked about quite a bit. It's a cliche to think it happened all the time but it did happen.

Upvote 0