• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FPS lock in menu

Impsak_2

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
Hi,
Is it possible to set max fps tp 30 in the menu somehow... I get 350... its just way to much... dont need to let the GPU work max in the damn menu.. :p
Guess its always been like this since alpha... but now I wanna do something about it

thx for any help

Just the menu, i don't believe such option exists.

You can turn off variable refresh rate, but that will limit the game to 62 fps

You can turn on vsync and that will bring down fps to your monitor refresh rate (tho it will suck if you have a 60hz panel)

Or you can go to the My docs > my games > killing floor 2 > kfgame > config > KFEngine.ini
Under Engine.Engine
Navigate to where it says "bSmoothFrameRate=TRUE"
Below it there are 2 lines that say min and max smoothed framerate
you can change those to idk, min 5 and max 120, or leave min 22 and set max to 150.
so in theory if you save the file with the changes and go to the in-game options, you can disable variable framerate and it should limit the fps to whatever max value you've set it to.
(best to keep max value at 150 anyway, as game by default has a multiplayer fps limit at 150... going above can introduce jank, at least thats what i've heard)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi, I have gone into the .ini and set it to max 130 (to stay within freesync 2 values) but this only affect the gaming itself... menu is still "exploding" out 300+ fps... this game has done this forever. I dont understand why its fixed in games max: 30 or 60 fps in menu's. Everyrthing above 30 is just no point for menu's. Some games have the choice.. like PUBG.. so I have locked menu to 30 in that... but I dont understand why I should need to do that. Just lock it in the software and nobody needs to think about it.

TWI. Can you look into this pls?

Upvote 0