• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FPS Issue after Blood and Bonfires Update

A123

• Dec 11, 2022
    hi it's about a 1 month that kf2 is really unplayable for people who play in custom servers and its still not resolved
    i have a 2 video about the issues

youtube.com/watch?v=HDPV6pAkQ38

at 1st video u can see a medic healing just destroyed gameplay to 8 frames per sec after a few wave
    0 to 10 % gpu utilization and its gone if you rejoin to the map server etc - gpu utilization will back to 60 to 99 % (120 150 fps)

youtube.com/watch?v=lTfyyRcxtWo

second one is hud and gun effects in middle of gameplay
    if you press ESC the bottlenecking between gpu and cpu is gone and when u return to the gameplay its getting worse like before
    i always support kf2 update and new guns skins etc but does devs really work to optimize the game or the game engine is just limited for about over 30 player in sametime fireing
    againest zeds !

Reactions: Yharl_Ballin
    devs should fully debug stuff before adding to game, the game need a serious update for this issues or pls completely remove medic buff & green icons like before when everything was fairly playable the Blood and Bonfires update makes everyting worse how its still not resolved! .. i think most of the people I knew quit the game for just a single bug!
    kf still has memory leak in custom servers since when i joined i asked in steam discussions and someone of admins said kf dev cannot support custom servers without vanilla manner ! i don't know if happydogs mousetrap server run in vanilla or without vanilla so its always happend to us when over 500 600 zeds spawns the memory size in game increase i wonder why the memory size wont get empty during the trader time because there is a no zeds in trader time and previous item in map texture etc and all of them are dead and dispeard !!! so wave get higher memory size will increase more and more without any decrease !!! in unofficial map bigroom 2020 we played the game with 1800 1900 zeds in wave 120 with 30 35 player and my memory was on over 10 15 gb but when i rejoined to the server map the memory back to ( 6 - 7gb ) with that lots of zeds and even more framerate If this is not a memory bug, then what is this? the bugsplat happens to us when frame rate get lower during waves and memory run full load to 99 98 percent sometime game crash after map changes (its mostly happens if we play long time on previous map) otherwise nobody crash and splat
    I still play the game its so enjoyable but we should accept the game that very poorly optimized.
    fact let's ignore all this type of issues i said in modded servers... but many people play here , they must have the best output and enjoy.
    This is not just my problem everysingle of people who play in modded servers they are still complaining these fps problems, but they don't know how to contact you:confused:

Reactions: Yharl_Ballin
    Upvote 0
    hi medic buff issues got fixed in (happydogsmousetrap) server after new unofficial patch (almost less than 24 hours ago)
    most of players here report better condition and higher framerate

memory leak in the server also got fixed. after 1 years
    before that we had Experience over 11 gb of mem usage but after the new patch its cap at 8.5 or less & slowly increases over waves.​
    so we tested over 30 wave with amount of modded zeds and 30 35 player with field medic without losing a single fps

i think the issues comes from buff UI or something similar because it's completely solved after new UI panel
    i dont know if its helpfull for official base game or not but i share the patch files here​

my spec
    Asus Prime B550 Plus - last bios firmware
    Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz - 1.2v
    Asus Mini R7 360 2gb - AMD Driver 22.6.1
    Corsair Vengeance Rgb Rs 2x8 - 16gb ddr4 3200mhz - cl time 16.20.20.38.58
    Windows 11 Pro Build 22621.11.05

my video setting everything on low expect - Ambient occlusion ssao - Anti Aliasing fxaa - Texture Filtering x4
    Variable frame rate off
    and a bit changes in config

KFEngine.ini
    bSmoothFrameRate=TRUE
    MinSmoothedFrameRate=500
    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=240

KFGame.ini
    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=500.000000
    MinSmoothedFrameRate=240.000000

patch file
    mediafire.com/file/myd9si7941mwvcj/Medic_Buff_fix.zip/file

Attachments