• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FOV options

Hi guys!

I don't really care about adjustable FOV settings. That's up to the devs. There's one thing they most certainly need to implement, though, and that's default FOV settings which adjust based on your screen aspect ratio. This gets back to the whole widescreen support issue.

I, for one, use a really odd screen setup, which is glorious when games support it (most do, actually!) but RO definitely does not. My screen is comprised of two projectors put together to form one nice big 2048x768 display which is an 8:3 aspect ratio (surprisingly inexpensive for how awesome it is). Eventually I will be upgrading to 2x 1920x1080 projectors and then it'll be super wide (not so inexpensive). See Figure 1, below.

32857850.jpg

Figure 1 - Projectors

So, when I play Red Orchestra, I have to mess with the ini file to adjust to my resolution, which works, but it feels like I'm looking through binoculars the whole time. This sorta touches on what Zetsumei said earlier, in that all of my weapons sorta become sniper rifles. I thought that was cool at first, but it gets really sickening before long. Right now the only thing I can really do without getting getting sick, is tanking (which is cool, that's what I love RO for in the first place). Have a look at Figure 2 to see what I mean. It's hard to judge from a still image, so I could maybe capture some video if people need further insight into how bad the zooming is.

RO_Widescreen2.jpg

Figure 2 - Tanking in widescreen.

Note that I can't see much of the tank's hull. Check it out on your screen to see how it compares.

So, I understand that RO2:HoS is on the way, so I can see it being a while before Tripwire fixes this in RO, but at very least, guys, please make sure this kind of thing is supported in RO2! I think you'll find a lot of people will be most pleased: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14805
You will find much more detailed information about the subject at the above link.

Upvote 0