• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Forums could use a comment rating system

liamtranzig

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 28, 2015
St. Louis, Missouri
I'd like to see an option to vote up/down comments and an organizational option to view comments by rating implemented on the forum. It is often that I see many ideas which I support but they are lost in 5 pages of bickering or that something is said so perfect I couldn't say it better and just post "'Quote' +1".

Last edited:

ComradeHX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 5, 2010
I'd like to see an option to vote up/down comments and an organizational option to view comments by rating implamented on the forum. It is often that I see many ideas which I support but they are lost in 5 pages of bickering or that something is said so perfect I couldn't say it better and just post "'Quote' +1".
Meh.

It's going to go through the typical cycles: implement +/-1 system -> people cry about -1s -> end up with only +1 -> system becomes worthless.

Don Draper

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 6, 2011
Melbourne Australia
There was one before the RO2 release..... lots of fanboys on the site who will downvote you to insignificance if you criticize any TWI decisions. probably best it is gone.

But i am not against it.

liamtranzig

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 28, 2015
St. Louis, Missouri
Noooo.

Popularity is not quality, no!
The issue is not black/white. Something can be of good quality and popular... that is even the point of a rating system. However, I understand your point that such a system can easily be abused but it is more a community organization system than anything. The old "most current last" would remain an organizational option. If peoples' feelings get hurt while they post unpopular opinions so be it- maybe they should understand that their opinions are not shared by the majority. Hell, I'd probably be one of them; afterall I like the new akimbo aim and do not want to see Endless mode added.

liamtranzig

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 28, 2015
St. Louis, Missouri
Not to mention that people already do rate comments with addition postings that just quote prior postings and add +1 beneath the quote. It helps cut clutter from the forums. I originally wanted to make this a simple poll but I post freq. via mobile & my 5minutes to post a poll were up before I had it done.

Rak

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 23, 2005
D
We had a "like/dislike" feature about two years ago. Those were controversial RO2 release times and it ended up with people disliking the developer posts and upvoting people criticising the developers so much that TWI quietly removed it.

liamtranzig

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 28, 2015
St. Louis, Missouri
We had a "like/dislike" feature about two years ago. Those were controversial RO2 release times and it ended up with people disliking the developer posts and upvoting people criticising the developers so much that TWI quietly removed it.
This actually comes as no shock but is a good a reason as any not to use the rating system. TWI gets enough flak just running an Early Access...

[TW]schneidzekk

Machete Engineering.
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
ATL
www.tripwireinteractive.com
BS, people didn't like it and we got rid of it eventually. Simply didn't work.

Tomcat_ha

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
i thought it just turned into a church of IS2 rating system.

also the whole upvoting thing is another example of ****ty web 2.0 imho.

clearoutlines

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 6, 2015
The issue is not black/white. Something can be of good quality and popular... that is even the point of a rating system. However, I understand your point that such a system can easily be abused but it is more a community organization system than anything. The old "most current last" would remain an organizational option. If peoples' feelings get hurt while they post unpopular opinions so be it- maybe they should understand that their opinions are not shared by the majority. Hell, I'd probably be one of them; afterall I like the new akimbo aim and do not want to see Endless mode added.
All conversation should be linear, Reddit destroys discourse by giving only the first and most popular opinions visibility while actively eliminating discourse.

Game developers have more to learn from how actual linear conversations play out.

Edit: TWI's straight tellin' it again. Priceless. The industry is too soft and it's watering down the whole hobby.

Last edited: