• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Forum feature: Staff replies

Just a thought, as I've seen a lot of people missing answers from the TW staff to their double-questions when their replies gets in between 1-x pages. Despite the highlighted name. Would it be possible/any good to implement similar system that Steam forums uses? Have an indicator and a redirect to a staff member reply?

stafftracker.png
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14

I think it would bring the staff replies and key info straight to a new forum visitor or to someone who wants direct answers instead of speculations or educated guesses much much much easier? I realized this when I just read through 10 pages in Three new videos (German/Russian and multiplayer) topic (and found new information). 10 pages in less than 24hrs... Yesterday, 05:07 AM - Today, 03:35 AM (latest reply) :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for looking into it!

I Think the TW staff does an excellent job when it comes to answering questions everywhere so lets leave them do thier job :p

Yes exactly as schneidzekk's reply shows but wouldn't it be useful to get straight to that information instead of having to go through non-useful information for about 10 pages? Not everyone has the time to troll the forums all day long 24/7 and catch every piece of information that comes out from a TW staff reply post :D

I think the TWI staff got some better things to do right now!

Yes, we are all eagerly waiting the game to be released but as they have some time to moderate the forums, I'm sure feature like this won't take much time to implement. Wildest guess is that icon system is a vBulletin mod which you can install in a second :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Unterscharfuhrer
Upvote 0
Yes, we are all eagerly waiting the game to be released but as they have some time to moderate the forums, I'm sure feature like this won't take much time to implement. Wildest guess is that icon system is a vBulletin mod which you can install in a second :)

Oh sorry, I just get what you mean! Yes I agree, its a good idea!

Upvote 0
Had a quick look, but couldn't find one. I am open for suggestions if you know a mod.

Could it be this? Dont' own vBulletin license so can't view those screenshots if it's the same - but at least the descrpition looks what we're looking for.

• On the thread list in forumdisplay, there will be a new icon if any of the staff members defined by the setting above have posted in the thread. The icon will link to the first staff post in that thread.
  • In the showthread, there will be an icon at the top if a staff member has posted in the thread linking to the first staff post.
  • In the postbit, there will be a new icon on staff posts linking directly to the next staff post in the thread. If it is the last staff post in the thread, it'll have a different icon to signify that it is the last staff post.

And again, thanks a lot for looking into this. Of course we could throw a message to Steam forum staff and ask them about it. But God knows how long it takes them to reply :D

Upvote 0
Wow, congratulations on the fastest idea suggestion to be implemented.

actually, the Helpful Answers (aka, the "like/dislike") modification was implemented faster......i'd link you the thread showing how it was added within a few hours after being suggested, but it seems like that thread was deleted due to the controversial and incriminating nature of the discussion that took place. ;)

this hack does look nice and should hopefully be a positive addition

Last edited:
Upvote 0