• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Forgotten Hope 2

How does this game handle now?

When I played it last it still had the horrible BF2 quirks, like being lobbed around walls when you get close to the sides of buildings and hits not registering properly.
Well there's nothing a mod team can do about hit registration problems in BF2 -- it's a problem with the engine and net code. PR also has these issues. That said, I don't really notice lag that badly when I play FH2, even when I have a ping over 150.

The game certainly gives the player much more feedback than BF2, given that all rifles kill in one hit and SMGs kill usually in 3 hits max.

Upvote 0
I find the accuracy of weapons in FH2 to be too precise. FH2 guns feels like railguns and engagements are over very quickly. On the contrary PR guns have too little accuracy and it's also very frustrating(but allow longer firefights).

Maybe the removal of crosshairs will offset this somehow, I'm waiting patiently for the release :)

Upvote 0
I find the accuracy of weapons in FH2 to be too precise. FH2 guns feels like railguns and engagements are over very quickly. On the contrary PR guns have too little accuracy and it's also very frustrating(but allow longer firefights).

Maybe the removal of crosshairs will offset this somehow, I'm waiting patiently for the release :)
Now this IS a legitimate criticism. Hopefully the removal of xhairs will promote slower placed close quarters combat. Right now, the xhairs are so small that it's easier and more effective to use them while strafing than to actually bring up your sights in close range.

Upvote 0
Unlike the trailer, too bad people don't actually stick together or use teamwork at all in FH2
I hear what you're saying, but this isn't always true. I find that just creating a squad with a unique name and using VOIP as a squad leader can be enough to get some great teamplay going. It just needs a bit of a push, because FH2 doesn't utterly force teamwork on you like a slave driver, like PR does. Don't get me wrong -- PR can be a great experience, but ONLY if you have a competent squad. Otherwise, you're totally dead in the water and might as well just leave the server.

You just have to take a bit more of a proactive approach in FH2. It helps to join a server with VOIP enabled, as one of the 762 servers (which is renowned for griefers and non-teamplayers) has it disabled. HSLAN is your best bet, and old-timers that have been playing for ages often frequent there.

Upvote 0
hslan doesn't seem to be populated that often, nor are any North American servers, so the fact that most people playing don't speak English as their first language is also detrimental.
You just have to put up with not playing on a NA server ... that's just the community. But I rarely have too much of an issue with people not speaking English. Most Europeans do.

Upvote 0
The removal of crosshair really improved gameplay and the new maps are pretty great. The next step should be separating the gunner and driver positions in tanks, just like RO :D
Actually I'm glad they only have 1 position that drives and guns in FH2, mainly because the game has so much more content. If you were to do that, way too many people would be tied up in tanks that should be in the infantry role.

Obviously full scale WWII battles with 64 players don't make realistic sense, so you have to abstract certain things. I'm just happy they finally made an angle-based system for calculating shell damage/penetration, and lowered the turret traverse speed on tanks.

The new version really is amazing. The graphics are jaw-dropping -- the new shaders make it not even look like BF2 anymore. The tweaks to movement are so much better, including a 10% reduced spring speed and a slight momentum system. The removal of the crosshair has totally changed CQB gameplay for the better as well. ALL of the maps this time are fantastic and offer plenty of gameplay variety as well as seeming very well balanced.

Overall, it's one of my favorite releases in FH2 so far. My only beef is that for some reason this version is causing my entire PC to randomly freeze up after playing for a certain amount of time, despite perfect FPS throughout ... if anyone else has this problem please let me know so I might be able to figure out the source.

Upvote 0