• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Forgotten Hope 2

More hints:

chaffee.jpg

m19191a6.jpg

Upvote 0
FH looks beautiful, but it's a hell of alot different from RO and DH. The game is too casual. There are no real weaponsway or bulletballistics, it is ''simulated'' with the ironsight.

Not to mention the tankcombat that is based on health bars. I mean come on....

I doubt they could implement those things if they wanted to, given BF2's lack of modibility. Just look at the hoops Project Reality has to jump through just to implement certain features.

Upvote 0
Yeah, that is part of the reason. In some areas FH2s tank system is actually more advanced than PR's. For instance, in PR most tanks are simply mirror balanced against each other, while in FH2 they come with different armor and penetration values modeled as closely after real life as possible. However, imo much of that is made moot by the over abundance of special armor piercing rounds, but that has been discussed to death without result way to much.

Upvote 0
The graphics, sounds, effects, variety, and overall atmosphere is just so much better in FH2 than in RO/DH though. Even though I prefer RO/DH's gameplay, the dated visuals and effects really take away from the experience. The FH2 has some really excellent artists on their team. The Ramelle map is just incredible.

Even though tanking is much less sophisticated in FH2, what I like about it is that you can really feel the weight of the vehicle. The physics on the BF2 engine seem to be more advanced than on UE2.5. The tanks actually rock back and forth on their suspension, and the distribution of mass on the vehicles is modeled as well. Countless times have I flipped over the Marder I trying to navigate roadside ditches in Operation Cobra.

Upvote 0