• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Forgotten Hope 2

I play this mod as often as I can. During prime time hours (afternoon to early evening for EST), there are usually two full 64 players servers, with one extra that's partially filled. So yes! The community is doing well! Come play, it's amazing!

IMO FH2 far beats RO2 in terms of WWII immersion -- nothing else makes you feel like you are part of an epic WWII battlefield like it.

Upvote 0
Hello and welcome back to another update of Forgotten Hope 2.

Our render for today is of one of the most famous and well-known Soviet infantry weapons of WWII; the PPSh-41 submachine gun.

ppsh41.jpg

The PPSh-41 was intended to be an inexpensive replacement for the older, PPD-40 SMG, which had been in use since the mid 1930s. The PPSh was mainly a poor man's infantry weapon. It was made from wood and stamped steel, with the barrels made from halved M1891 Mosin-Nagant barrels. The result was a simple SMG with a fire-rate of 900 rounds per minute, that could be produced in mere hours in garages and industrial shops by relatively unskilled workers. Over 6 million of these weapons were produced, and thus used in almost every thinkable way. Entire Soviet divisions were sometimes equipped with the PPSh, and even the German Army officially adopted it. However, one of the most bizarre uses, was as a close-air support weapon, where several of these SMGs were mounted to the forward racks of the Tu-2 bomber. The PPSh-41 submachine gun was made by Seth Soldier.

Upvote 0
During the week its 2-3 servers full with one partially. Weekend it is 4-5

FH1 was pretty slow player count wise too, but that didn't really stop it being fun (however the servers starting to run the same 5-6 maps over and over kinda did..). And much like FH1, in FH2 it seems the player distribution heavily learns towards Europe.

All I know is, during the evening I can always find a server to get into.

Upvote 0
I downloaded this mod today. The thing that worries me most is the player base, how is it day to day? I don't plan on playing on EU servers. Are there any US servers where people play frequently? Their forums are down so I can't post the similar question there...
Yeah their server has been down for the last couple of days which isn't typical.

You basically have to accept that the 2-3 servers full at prime time are Euro servers, but BF2 handles lag really well, and you honestly can barely tell the difference between Euro servers and US servers. It's not like RO2, where there's a huge difference.

Upvote 0

Before we get on with today's update, we would like to apologize for any inconveniences caused by the technical difficulties we are currently experiencing with our forums. We are working hard on every level to restore everything back to normal, as fast we can.

Our render for today is not of a totally new weapon, but of a re-worked favorite. This week we are showing off our updated Luger PO8 pistol!

luger.jpg

The Pistole Parabellum 1908 pistol (commonly known as the Luger) was an 8-round semi-automatic pistol produced from 1900 to 1945. Perhaps the most unique feature of the pistol was the jointed arm situated towards the rear of the pistol, which would hinge open upon firing. This was significantly different from the more traditional slide actions of other pistols of the time. The Luger came in many different variants, with several attachments. The German Naval version featured a 6-inch barrel, and a two-position rear sight, where the Army variant had a 4-inch barrel and was chambered in the 9x19mm Parabellum round. Despite being replaced in 1938 by the newer, Walther P38 pistol, the PO8 Luger saw action throughout both World Wars and was a highly prized collectable for US servicemen. The PO8 Luger pistol was updated by Remdul.
We have been working hard to update and add new content for the next patch. Below are four screenshots of what we've been working on. We would also like to note that the Panzer III L and the Panzer III N you see below are imports of the original Forgotten Hope 1 models which were done by Rad.

pziiin.jpg

pziiil.jpg

29inf.jpg

greenberet.jpg

Reactions: kapulA
Upvote 0

Today, we are starting by showing off one of the more popular Soviet rifles; the SVT-40!

svt40.jpg

The SVT-40 was a Soviet, semi-automatic rifle, which featured a 10-round box magazine, a gas-operated action, and a range of 500 meters. It came into action after its predecessor, the SVT-38 was discontinued in 1938. Production began in June 1940, and by the time of the German invasion in 1941, the SVT was already widely distributed amongst Soviet infantry. Due to the harsh nature of the first few months of the war however, thousands of these semi-automatic rifles were lost in combat. To make up for this, weapons like the Mosin-Nagant and the PPSh-41 were given precedence, which led to a decline in production of the SVT. Factories were officially given the order to stop production of the rifle in 1942. In total, 1.6 million SVTs were produced, including over 51,000 sniper variants. The SVT-40 was made by Seth Soldier.

Next we have four screenshots of the newest Allied mobile artillery piece to make its way into the world of FH2; the British Bishop 25 pdr self-propelled gun.

bishop01.jpg

bishop02.jpg

bishop03.jpg

bishop04.jpg

The Bishop was imported from Forgotten Hope 1 by Kev4000 from the original vehicle which was done by Montoya.

Reactions: theta123
Upvote 0
Hello and welcome back to another update of Forgotten Hope 2!

header.jpg

This week we have a very special update. Ever since the initial release of Forgotten Hope 2, the only main armies featured on our North African maps were the British, Italians, and Germans. Today, that changes, as we are pleased to announce that in the next patch, the United States Army will be joining that list! Credit to FatJoe for the above image.

Our first render is of something that no soldier should be without while serving in the desert. It's the M1928A1 Thompson submachine gun!

thompson.jpg

While the Thompson SMG was designed back in 1917, the M1928A1 variant seen above did not enter mass production until just before the events of Pearl Harbor took place. This new version included provisions for a sling, and a horizontal foregrip that replaced the vertical grip of previous versions. Chambered in the .45 ACP round, the Thompson could either be fitted with a 20-round box magazine, or 50-round drum magazine, but frontline combat soon highlighted the problems of the 50-round one. In all, approximately 562,000 were made, with several being sent to other countries, like the Soviet Union, as a part of the lend-lease program. The M1928A1 Thompson was made by Pointblank.

Our next render is of an anti-tank gun that should prove useful when fighting off those early-war German tanks. It's the 37mm Gun M3!

37mm.jpg

The 37mm Gun M3 was a light ant-tank gun that was used by the United States from 1940 to 1945. The M3 saw action primarily in the Pacific, Italy, and in North Africa, however its effectiveness was different in each theater. The gun first went into action against the Japanese forces on Guadalcanal, and in the Philippines, where it was highly effective against the lightly armored Japanese tanks. In North Africa, the M3 was largely ineffective against the much better protected Panzer III and Panzer IV tanks of the German Army. Such was also the case in Italy, where the M3 could take out Vichy French R35s, but was useless against the Tiger I. By mid-1944, the weapon was nearly gone from service, and by the end of the war, it became official. By then, 18,700 had been produced. The 37mm Gun M3 was made by Darren01.

Upvote 0
Maybe the Africa maps will actually get played now the Americans are added? :p

Always annoyed me how hugely people favour the Western front maps in FH1/2. That's what eventually killed FH1 for me (many many years after the final version was released). The servers all just ran the same few maps over and over... almost all western front ones.

Upvote 0
I'm considering getting bf2 on steam for 9.99 for this mod and pr.

do you guys think its worth it? also, how do bf2 mods work with steam?
I'm not sure how mods work with Steam in BF2. You can get BF2 for cheaper than $9.99 (assuming dollars) on Amazon and other places. It's DEFINITELY worth it for PR and FH2 mods. Both mods have very loyal followings. FH2 always has 2+ full servers going at peak hours, and PR usually has at least 5-6 full servers going, with even more on weekends. I play both regularly.

Upvote 0
Hello and welcome to our very special FH Game Night! As year 2011 is nearing it's end, we are going to celebrate it with our last Game Night and we will do it with the second season of well-liked Grizzly Hunt!

fhgn20.jpg

Server: FH Game Night 20 - Grizzly Hunt

When: Saturday 10th December 2011 - 1900 UTC

Maps:
Sfakia 64
Sidi Rezegh 64
Eppeldorf
Invasion of Crete 64
Fall of Tobruk 64
Gazala 64
Pointe Du Hoc 32
Bastogne 64
Supercharge 64
Hurtgen Forest
Aberdeen

VOIP: Enabled
Battlerecorder: Enabled

-------

Rules and general information for Grizzly Hunt in text form:

- Grizzly Hunt is a special event aimed for You, the forum regulars, but anyone who knows about this event can take part of it, but to receive the signature award and recognition for proud kills you have to be a registered member in these forums.

- The very first proud kill will receive a special second Grizzly Hunt season award while the rest of the succesful proud kills will receive the regular signature. Please note that any and every proud kill are only taken into count if the player has an account in these forums. So for example if randomplayer1 does a succesful kill before forummember1 but doesnt have a forum account on the official FH2 forums to confirm the kill, the latter will receive the first place reward!

- Only melee weapon kills are counted as proud kills. Killing the Warbear with any other weapon does not count.

- TeamKilling the Warbear does not count as a proud kill either. You have to be in an opposing team in order to acquire a proud kill!

- You CAN post a screenshot of the kill. All deaths caused by melee weapons are recorded by Warbear so there are no real reason to post screenshots other than for fun. This is completely optional!

I wish you happy hunting if you are thirsty for blood and honor, but I also want to wish you succesful wildlife protection duties if you decide to choose that path instead! ;)

---------

Special thanks goes for Forgotten Honor for providing us a server for this and past Game Nights.

Special thanks also go for developer and good friend of us all, FatJoe, for creating such a great poster and signatures for this lil' event!

See you all there!

Last edited:
Upvote 0