• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Forgotten Hope 2

Hello and welcome back to another update of Forgotten Hope! Today's update is a very special one for us here on the FH2 team for several reasons, and we hope you enjoy it.

Today we have a vehicle that has long been missing since the days of Forgotten Hope 1. Today we have the Sd.Kfz 7 half-track!

sdkfz01.jpg

sdkfz02.jpg

sdkfz03.jpg

The Sd.Kfz. 7 was a large half-track that saw use with many branches of the German military, included the Wehrmacht, the Luftwaffe, and the Waffen-SS. Its primary purpose was as a troop transport and artillery tractor, but because of its versatility and power, the Sd.Kfz. 7 also saw use as a recovery vehicle and an anti-aircraft platform. The vehicle had enough room for up to 12 men, along with their equipment and ammunition and with the help of a winch, could tow up to 17,600 lb (8,000 kg). Despite the mechanical problems associated with half-track based artillery tractors, the Sd.Kfz 7 had superior off-road capabilities for moving various gun platforms like the 8.8cm Flak gun yet even with large production numbers, the artillery and mechanized units of the panzer elements that received them, still used horses to move their heavy artillery.

The beginning of this month marked a year since developer Jim 'Rad' Rogers passed away. Yet, his high-quality models serve as examples of how much he loved what he did. It is not only this, but also his relaxed and humorous attitude are what he'll be remembered for, and he will be dearly missed. The Sd.Kfz. 7 model, and the wheels and tracks were done by Rad. The final skin and finishing touches were done by Agus.

Reactions: kapulA
Upvote 0
Err you should have installed FH2.3, at least if you plan on playing online and without dolphin diving.

@Lutremange comment: Lutremange is that huge ardennes tank map right? In that case I'd say you are somewhat mistaken, as the map is a lot less tank heavy than that. It also is very concentrated on the town in the middle and a lot more hilly/forested.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It does work with Vista.

PR is a mod that focuses on teamplay and communication. Fh2 focuses on bringing as much high quality WW2 content to BF2 as possible. The gameplay is between normal BF2 and RO in terms of realism I would say. It certainly has elements of both games.

Current player count is low, especially in the uS. In europe you get one full server every evening, two at weekends. There are two tournaments playing FH2. You can sign up for free there and play FH2 in an organised team if you want. they often use custom content too.

Upvote 0
I could never get into FH2. It think it's because it felt like BF2 with WW2 skins. I always wondered what FH2 would be like if it was more realistic like Project Reality.
If FH2 felt like PR it wouldn't represent WWII very well, to be honest.

The gameplay in PR is based around the modern concept of small units operating with precision over large distances. This does not in anyway represent the large-scale operations of WWII, save for the very rare small-scale commando raid.

I love FH2 and play it just as much as I do RO. RO gives me that small scale tactical gameplay whereas FH2 delivers on making me feel apart of huge epic-scale WWII battles.

Upvote 0
Hello and welcome back to another update of Forgotten Hope! It has been a few weeks since we've had an update, but today we are back, ready to begin showing off some of the more major changes that you will see coming in 2.4, along with a small teaser trailer, and a new shovel!

Up first, we are proud to show off the first screenshots of a major graphical update to FH2. FH2.4 will feature new shaders developed by Remdul. These overall changes will bring the look of Forgotten Hope 2 on-par with most modern games.

The post-processing effect consists of several elements. The first and most notable is 'color correction'. Color correction changes the overall look of the image by subtly altering the colors and contrast. Each level now has it's own look, accentuating the colors of environment, adding to the immersion.

The second most noticeable improvement is the blur. In previous versions of FH2, the iron-sight depth-of-field effect showed slight double-vision. This has been greatly reduced through dithering, and now looks much more natural. Usage of the blur effect has also been expanded, it is now enabled not only for iron-sights, but also for binoculars, gun sights and deployable weapons alike.

Two other minor aspects of the post processing shaders is the slight darkening of the corners of the screen, and a faint film grain.

fh2cc_01.jpg

fh2cc_02.jpg

fh2cc_06.jpg

fh2cc_08.jpg

fh2cc_09.jpg

fh2cc_14.jpg

The 'near-death' effect has also been improved, as you can see in this screenshot below.

fh2cc_15.jpg

also, shovel:

us_shovel.jpg

and trailer:

YouTube - ‪Forgotten Hope 2 - 2.4 Teaser‬‏

More pictures on the site.

Upvote 0