• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Forgotten Hope 2 (Release) Thread.

Yep, sometimes I'm unlucky and see over 50 players perform autistic BF2-ish gameplay. I'm glad those times are in minority against the games where I have a very nice teamplay experience.

One thing that helps: search for fireteams with the name RO in them.
If there are none: make your own so RO players will find you.
Or add all RO-players to your buddies with the tool and join their server.

Monk.

Upvote 0
Well I have a very diverse taste.
If possible I prefer melee in a game or mod based on some skill.

Age of Chivalry (AoC)
Very small player base, but when you fight alone you die very quickly.
Very promising mod, has a very polished look allready.

Team Fortress 2
Playing mostly as an attacking medic

Battlegrounds 2 (BG2)
Sort of realistic warfare with old muskets and lots of melee.
The animations are sort of lacking and maps look HL1-ish, but gameplay can be really fun.

The coming tanksimulators Red Steel en Tiger vs T34 will also be bought of course ;)

Monk.

Upvote 0
I just couldn't really get on with this mod. Hell knows i wanted too, as N africa ranks with Easternfront and vietnam as my favourite theatres of war.

Maybe it's the openess of the maps, the built up areas with smg's felt better. Bolting seems too easy to be satifying.
Also it has to be toned down to look like bf42 to run well on my system- despite BF2 running well on high settings.
Silly things like not being able to set Lshift to crouch ( duplication of phantom bind in helo controls- had this in BF2 as well and can't remember how I sorted it) is annoying. As was the bollocks i went though to retrieve my account.
phaps it's the scissor/paper/stone class system, typical of BF games. I like the idea of co-ordinated teamplay, and think it should be rewarded, but I suspect this game leans on it too much to work well in pubs.

Overall i just don't like it enough to justify the huge chunk of HD space it and BF2 take up.
I actually prefered stock BF2- sticky remote explosive mayhem at least kept that interesting for a while.

I hope and expect MN to be far better than this.

Upvote 0
Well I have a very diverse taste.
If possible I prefer melee in a game or mod based on some skill.

Age of Chivalry (AoC)
Very small player base, but when you fight alone you die very quickly.
Very promising mod, has a very polished look allready.

Team Fortress 2
Playing mostly as an attacking medic

Battlegrounds 2 (BG2)
Sort of realistic warfare with old muskets and lots of melee.
The animations are sort of lacking and maps look HL1-ish, but gameplay can be really fun.

The coming tanksimulators Red Steel en Tiger vs T34 will also be bought of course ;)

Monk.

I tried age of chivalry and i was not impressed with the way to combat worked. I did like the taunts and daftness of it all but to be honest i think more of Pirates Vikings and Knights II.

Battlegrounds is pretty cool though, some of us from fullmj tried it about a year back and it was excellent fun. Something different for sure. I'll check the website again and see what the latest version has added.

TF2 is good for a blast too, but i seem to have worn the appeal away.

I actually prefered stock BF2- sticky remote explosive mayhem at least kept that interesting for a while.

I hope and expect MN to be far better than this.

The only time i seem to have fun in BF2 these days is when i am been just as lame as the rest of the players that play it.

Upvote 0
The only time i seem to have fun in BF2 these days is when i am been just as lame as the rest of the players that play it.

yeah well basically I only enjoyed mucking about sticking the explosives on the front of hummers and ghost riding them into players. And remote mining enemy runways, aircraft and generally booby trapping stuff I guess - I find playing conventually isn't actually very interesting.

In the absence of these shenanaghans I can't get into FH2- and besides Joint ops lets me play sabateur or have decent squad firefights so i play that over any BF games anyway.

Upvote 0
Is Joint ops still widely played these days?

Not really- there are no 150 player servers anymore.
But about 2 running vanila, 1 with escalation and 1 with International conflict get 30-50 most nights. And theres coop's running as well.
mind you, i haven't played recently and suspect it's lost a few to cod4 - but many players are staunch and have been playing it every night for years it seems.
Thats on Euro region- NA seems about the same too.

Upvote 0