• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Forgotten Hope 2 (Release) Thread.

Hit detection on infantry is broken too. 50/50 i shoot someone in the torso and it does not register. I am also sick of been thrown around and off the edges of buildings and slopes. Why is it impossible to get out of water when it shouldn't be?

Other than that the game plays really well when both teams know what they are doing. The problems are mostly down to the horrible engine.

UE forever!

Upvote 0
A suggestion.
When playing FH2,add [RO] in the prefix field in front of your name,in the login window so we can recognize each other with more ease if we happen to meet on a server.
Also,if you feel like some more tactics and organization you're welcome to join the Core TS(eurots4.clanservers.com:8770) and head for the FH2 room.
I'll be on XFire (kapula) if I'm online so just shoot me a message if you're up for a game.

Upvote 0
I've had some great games on the US tactical gamer server. Just join a VOIP or teamwork squad and you actually get people working together. I remember one game of Tobruk we actually came close to winning as Axis. That map is fun and all but very hard for axis to win. Maybe too many people camping the stukas, not sure why they get popped out of the air in 2 sec.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The game play of FH2 is so different to RO! I really enjoy the game, I like the sound and animation of the tank, especially the suspension of vehicles, when driving the tank, I can feel its heaviness, and the engine is very noisy and realistic! The animation of the High Explosive 75mm is way better than RO's, The air support is fun and amazing, but I think it is quite true that there is a lack of teamwork(communication) in this game.

Upvote 0
The game play of FH2 is so different to RO! I really enjoy the game, I like the sound and animation of the tank, especially the suspension of vehicles, when driving the tank, I can feel its heaviness, and the engine is very noisy and realistic! The animation of the High Explosive 75mm is way better than RO's, The air support is fun and amazing, but I think it is quite true that there is a lack of teamwork(communication) in this game.

Yeah you are spot on when you say tanks "feel" heavy. I drove the matilda for the first time and it really felt like a lumbering beast. I also like how splash damage works in the BF2 engine compared to RO. In RO any tiny dip in terrain or some flimsly pile of wood can save you from HE. In FH the concussion from HE damages infantry through most walls plus it suppresses the hell out of them. Seriously I don't think I can tank in RO again after seeing how well done tanks are in FH. They feel like a real threat on the battlefield as they should be.

Upvote 0

I can't connect to half the servers. As soon as i join a game i instantly get the message "There is a problem with your connection" and it boots me back to the crappy server browser. The problem has spilt over into vanilla BF2 as well. I can successfully connect to about 1 in 5 servers.

I have changed nothing to my system except create a new account which i then reverted to my old account and the problem still persisted. I have opened ports on my router, upgraded the firmware, deleted my Windows XP profile and then formatted my hard drive to no avail.

This sucks as i was really getting into this. The last thing to try is a old PCI ADSL modem.

All my other games and apps work fine though.

Upvote 0
Hit detection on infantry is broken too. 50/50 i shoot someone in the torso and it does not register. I am also sick of been thrown around and off the edges of buildings and slopes. Why is it impossible to get out of water when it shouldn't be?

Other than that the game plays really well when both teams know what they are doing. The problems are mostly down to the horrible engine.

UE forever!

yup having that too
it seems like its a pure 50/50 chance

Upvote 0

I can't connect to half the servers. As soon as i join a game i instantly get the message "There is a problem with your connection" and it boots me back to the crappy server browser. The problem has spilt over into vanilla BF2 as well. I can successfully connect to about 1 in 5 servers.

I have changed nothing to my system except create a new account which i then reverted to my old account and the problem still persisted. I have opened ports on my router, upgraded the firmware, deleted my Windows XP profile and then formatted my hard drive to no avail.

This sucks as i was really getting into this. The last thing to try is a old PCI ADSL modem.

All my other games and apps work fine though.

I fixed this issue by turning my my routers firewall setting to 'medium'. Never had to do this before with BF2 so something has broken recently.

Upvote 0
Yeah as far as the feel and sounds of tanks, FH2 got it spot on. One of my disappointments with RO was the mono silencer tanks :p. You don't even hear them till they are 5 feet away. Where as in FH2, you can hear those noisy bastards rolling around.

Agree! Tanking in RO is like controlling some model tank, the sound is terrible and unrealistic, but the armor penetration system of RO is greatest of its kind.
If suspension ,louder engine noise and better H.E effect is added to RO, the game will become perfect!but it is impossible and already too late.

Anyway, using the skill I learned from RO, I was able to knock out 4-5 enemy's tank without dying and to rape my opponent's spawn point with the H.E round.:rolleyes::D[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

Upvote 0