• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Forcing Pathnode Connection- Problem

liamtranzig

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 28, 2015
St. Louis, Missouri
I get how one does it & have implemented it earlier on but now I'm getting an error & (I would quote it word for word but the map is re-rendering) says something to the affect of " *tech coding indicating my Forced Pathing attempt* ... action denied, check your log book for more information." I get the feeling I hit another wrong keystroke & locked myself outta another feature. Any quick trouble shooter to fix this lockdown?

Any good alternative tips for luring the Zeds to path over ledges, off roofs, down from balconies? - this was my goal with forced pathing.

Try deleting the pathnodes and replacing them. Make sure you click on the first path node, the one at the top of the ledge, then the second one, the one at the bottom, after that right click > path option > Force one way connection...

Alternatively, try loading an official map and copy/pasting two working one way forced path nodes. You can find some on the bridge in burning paris. You can view paths by pressing the arrow next to P on your viewport window, and ticking show path(or press P).

Upvote 0
Try deleting the pathnodes and replacing them. Make sure you click on the first path node, the one at the top of the ledge, then the second one, the one at the bottom, after that right click > path option > Force one way connection...

Alternatively, try loading an official map and copy/pasting two working one way forced path nodes. You can find some on the bridge in burning paris. You can view paths by pressing the arrow next to P on your viewport window, and ticking show path(or press P).

Ah, good there is a quicker way then. Actually now that you mention copying... I think I might be able to copy the few I made before & rearrange them. Good! Thanks for the user-tip Daedrick.

Upvote 0