• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

For those asking "When is the DE beta"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys....I may have jumped the gun...I just seen a "beta" in my game library for Red Orchestra...But, I am not sure if its the old beta from when they were improving the old RO. I just dont remember seeing it there before. Its right between RO and the new RO2 that is greyed out. Anyone?
Once again...If I' am wrong I apologize...
Mike

Upvote 0
The message you keep quoting is referring to the internal dates for completing functionality. In other words if internally the game would have all functionality completed by date X, we still plan on having it completed by date X. The difference is, now instead of having whatever time we were going to have for fixing bugs and polish after that, we now have an additional two weeks.

hmm that was well confusing at first but this helped me:IS2:

Upvote 0
Sorry guys....I may have jumped the gun...I just seen a "beta" in my game library for Red Orchestra...But, I am not sure if its the old beta from when they were improving the old RO. I just dont remember seeing it there before. Its right between RO and the new RO2 that is greyed out. Anyone?
Once again...If I' am wrong I apologize...
Mike

You made me re-start Steam, you upstart! :p

Upvote 0
it breaks my heart to read that on the Beta community as they seem to struggle to fill up the 64 ppl server. I guess so many of us would like to join but can't.
Despite other news I still hope to get the Beta release this weekend as otherwise many employers will see very tired RO damaged people next week on weekdays ("just one more map!" @3 am on a Tuesday).

Yoshi will get his free dental treatment from me then after such a night....:)

Still all respect to TWI and thanks for making games for someone like me!

It makes me feel like a little boy before Christmas just without knowing the date....

As an alpha tester for BF3 there NEVER was an issue with servers filling up. I played all times during the day and always found populated servers.

Someone at Tripwire clearly wasn't thinking straight when they sent out "friends and family" beta invites to just under 200 people.

How on earth do you expect to get 1/3 of the people on a 64 player server for a stress test when (I bet) a good portion of them are on completely different continents and timezones.

Smart planning there Tripwire...smart planning.
The beautiful thing about both of your posts is that neither one of you has any idea what's actually going on with the beta.

Truth be told, when test time rolled around we had more than 64 players on and ready to go and that was just from the in-game notification of who had already launched the game.

So please, stop assuming. Everyone.

Upvote 0
The beautiful thing about both of your posts is that neither one of you has any idea what's actually going on with the beta.

Truth be told, when test time rolled around we had more than 64 players on and ready to go and that was just from the in-game notification of who had already launched the game.

I assume the beta will be fun:D

Upvote 0
Thank you for the information Ramm.

Im not too fussed when we get the beta, but looking at it we will have sometime with it which is all great :)

As a lot of other people on here i got the DDE to support tripwire also that it was the same price as the normal edition appearing in the shops in the UK.

Well it gives me more time to try and level up Demo to l5 at least and Firebug to l4, since recently getting L6 Support (From mid l4 to l6 in under two weeks) on killing floor. Also a chance for me to get some scenario's finished and uploaded for Railworks.

Chris

Upvote 0

This may come as a shock, but maybe if the developers would throw us a freaking bone occasionally, perhaps people would stop speculating around the clock. The whole "we're not going to share anything and you paying customers need to shut the hell up" crap is just that: crap.

I'll be over here, preparing for the fanboi assault.

Upvote 0
This may come as a shock, but maybe if the developers would throw us a freaking bone occasionally, perhaps people would stop speculating around the clock. The whole "we're not going to share anything and you paying customers need to shut the hell up" crap is just that: crap.

You are entitled to nothing! You'll see everything you want to see when the beta comes out!

Now quit assuming!

Upvote 0

Yay, gamer entitlement.

Upvote 0
Yay, gamer entitlement.

Not at all. I've just never been able to understand the mentality that sharing less about an upcoming game is good. If you can give me an explanation as to how not posting new screenshots, videos of real (not staged / cinematic) gameplay, etc. helps Tripwire in any way, I'll be willing to reconsider my position.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.